Part 4: Review of Naples and Marcello

We used Marcello last year on our Mediterranean Cruise.

My wife & I can't say enough about him. We was very professional and was concerned that we see the real Italy, not tourist traps frequented by all the large tour buses. I won't go into all the details because pretty much what everyone else said is true. I would truly recommend him to anyone who is interested in having a once in a lifetime experience.

Ron & Carol Brannon

• 3 weeks later...
Guest canam

To all of you who spoke about the "wonderful restaurant". Does anyone

remember the name and location of this marvelous sounding place?

Jennifer..your reviews are awesome!! Thanks so much! I just can't wait! We booked our air and got 1st class seats with sky miles! Yeah!!

Hope you are doing well!!

Hey Cheryl!

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the reviews I wish I'd had time to finish the reviews of Rome, Florence and Villefranche, but I just got too busy. If you have any specific questions about any of those ports, let me know.

I will tell you that we used Executive Limo (driverinrome.com) for our tours in Rome and Florence. I was a little surprised in the company. I think they may be growing faster than they can keep up with. At port in Civitavecchia, Daniele was there organizing things. I approached him about an issue with our tour the following day and he mentioned that he had 20 tours scheduled for that day!!!! Our guides were very friendly and knew lots about the area, but our tours were lacking that personal feel that all of our others had. The other drivers we used in other ports were all small companies, or privately owned. Our driver in Florence didn't even know Daniele or Remo, and it was the first time that he had ever done work for them. I was a little disappointed that the company would book us with someone who they'd never dealt with or had any experience with. We were fortunate that it worked out.

ANyway, if you have any questions, let me know. I hope your wedding plans are coming along well! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea if you were anywhere near Paestum during the drive? (Temple of Neptune and Temple of Ceres) Also, some of the posts make it seem like all you do is ride in the car all day instead of stopping and wandering around here and there, am I reading that right or were the writers exaggerating?

Marcello will do whatever you ask. the amalfi coast drive can get crowded and you can make the decision. do you want to stop a lot and tour the towns walking around and shop, or do you want to stop take some photo;s and see as much of the amalfi coast as you can. it's really your call, marcello wiull do whatever you want. he prefers to cover as much ground as possible avoiding spending too much time shoping etc.

we had a great time with him. he does talk a lot but i found him to be interesting and he really gave us a feel for that part of the country.

-andy

We toured with Adrianno in July also but we were basically in a caravan with Marcello and Adrianno and another driver. We went to Pompeii together and then went off on our own, meeting for the "Light" lunch and then moving on separately again. Adrianno was wonderful - he even sang to us while he was driving after lunch!! He lives in Naples and really wanted to take on a quick tour of his city before he took us back to the ship - we had hit the wall by then - it's such a busy day! But the bottom line is that he bent over backwards to be accomodating in every way. He doesn't talk quite as much as Marcello - but ALMOST as much. It makes me smile just remembering our day in Naples.

Archived