Private Tours off Paul Gauguin

Billybob62

Has anyone taken private tours off the Paul Gauguin or are the ship's tours comparable in format and price? Is there a problem waiting to board ship to get a tour? Any suggestions for top notch tours, either private or from the ship? Thanks for any help.:) :)

Last year, we tried a private tour with Paul Atalluh of Island Eco Tours. He bailed on us the last minutes (literally at the dock saying he cannot take us!). So just remember everything you arrange privatly will have the chance of cancel ar the last minutes.

Also, every one in this forum will suggest you to at least do one "motu picnic", but if you are going on PG, you can save your money. PG has its own private motu picnic (whole day) food, drinks, water sport equipment, beach chair... etc.

As for price between the ship & private tour, it was ~5$ (US) cheaper. If you are divers, then you "MUST" do dive with PG crew the 5$ saving is not worth the trouble.

Go to the Regent board and ask more question there. Lots of people can help you.

I'm booking all of my tours with Regent. I can't believe the prices of their tours. They certainly aren't trying to make money off their tours like Princess and RCCL do. With the size of the ship, I can't imagine there being a problem with overcrowding, like you experience on the larger ships.

CWC, what dives did you do with PG? My fiancee is looking to book some dives. I'm working on that right now as a matter of fact. Any feedback on the dives would be appreciated.

Dear tara5525,

Since both my husband and I were beginner divers, so we didn't go on any advance dive. My all time favor is Shark Gallery in Moorea. Motu Nuhi Nuhi at Rangiroa was kind of boring, but if you are comfortable diving by the time you get on PG, you must dive in Rangiroa Tiputa Pass. We heard people saw sea turtles and swim/dive with dolphines.

Have fun!

Cindy

Archived