Kids Club with nearly no kids???????

CassCruise

I have just posted this on the Princess Board but would be very appreciative of anyones experience:

Just wondering whether anyone has experience with this - we are travelling to Alaska on the Diamond in Sept and whilst we didn't expect many children there will be (according to Princess) 26 the first week and 12 the second in the 3-12 yr category (given I am taking two - a 6 & 8 year old that doesn't leave many!!) just curious to know others experiences - my girls LOVED it last time but there were quite a few children onboard. Do they have the same level of entertainment/activities etc had been hoping to leave them in the Kids club one day in port, are they now more likely to be in the same group (not that I can see there will be too many groups!)..... any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Jane

I went on a Princess cruise recently and had a similar experience. It was a week long cruise and it was in the fall during school time. My girls are of a similar age 7 and almost 9. There were only about 20 kids in the group, but they had a blast. Since there was such a small group, the counselors let the kids pick and choose what they wanted to do instead of sticking to a schedule. When they wanted to paint they painted, when they wanted to do crafts they did it. The counselors gave them more one on one attention and they got to go places and do things that the kids groups didn't normally get to do because the groups are normally too big. For instance, they made numerous quick trips to get ice cream or have snacks. Plus, if all else fails and your daughters are the only ones in their age range and have the whole older kids room to themselves, they'll probably play together as usual except all of the toys, craft stuff, movies, and games are all new to them instead of them playing with their old stuff at home like they usually do. Don't worry about it, I'm sure they'll have lots of fun.:) You can try taking them along with you around the ship, but if your kids are like mine, they'll be bored around the adults and want to go back to the kids area to play games and watch tv or do crafts.;)

You can try taking them along with you around the ship, but if your kids are like mine, they'll be bored around the adults and want to go back to the kids area to play games and watch tv or do crafts.;)

Cruisingqt thanks so much for that - exactly what I thought puts our minds to rest somewhat - the only problems we had on the last cruise with the girls was that they drove us bats last time when the kids club was shut - they are very art/craft type of kids so having read the responses now I know they'll be fine! Thanks again

Jane

Archived