Am I to early!!

Thatmom

Hi,

I have booked a car to take us to the Port for the Glory at nine thirty. The drive will be about an hour. So I should be their around ten thirty. Is this to early to start to get check in?

thanks,

Carla

We used to like to get there early too. Now, we drop off our bags with the porters to put on the ship. Then we go sight seeing, out to eat, or shopping. When we get there late in the afternoon, the lines are almost gone. Instead of waiting in line for an hour or two to board the ship we are on board in l5 minutes or less. We figure we will have lots of time to explore the ship later. And not having to stand in line forever to board is great. You can board that early. They will let you. But be prepared for lots of people and lots of traffic. There will be tons of people disembarking. But I can understand the excitement of getting on the ship. Either way will work really.

I don't think I've ever gotten to the pier before 11am, but 10:30 sounds alright to me.

It's according to how rapidly they can get the disembarking passengers off, but seems they usually start the embarkment procedure around 11:15. I'm usually on the ship by 12 or 12:30.

Your cabin may not be ready yet, but your room steward will allow you to drop off your carry-ons, and you can go explore! Bon Voyage!

Since we couldn't board the Conquest until after 7pm on my last trip due to weather delays that morning, I will be their bright and early waiting to spend as much time on the ship as possible.

We got there btween 10:00 and 10:30. Around 10:30 they started checking in the luggage, by the time you check in the luggage and park the car it will be 11:00. Then you have to check in at the boarding station and get your room keys. They start letting people board at noon. At least we had to wait until noon. You can't go to your room until 1:00PM so we went to eat on the Lido deck. A little hint when going to the buffet, there are 2 of them on the Lido deck, go to the second one. Not as many people. Wish I was going. Happy cruising.

Archived