ocho rios visit

dolphingirl68

We just returned from visiting the port of Ocho Rios and I would just like to pass along some things we ran into this time.

We visited Nancy's souvenir shop in the taj mahal shopping plaza for some Tia Maria. We paid for the 1 liter bottle and they said they would send it to the ship. Well when I unwrapped the bottle today I found that they sent us the 750 ml bottle instead. It may sound trivial, but it is irritating to have spent more for a smaller bottle. I really hate that you can't just take it back to the ship yourself.

We did the Dunn's River Falls on the cool runnings catamaran. It was a lot of fun, but the DVD we purchased was not worth the money, even if we split the cost with another couple. It was supposed to have the recording of the falls climb and "a documnetary" of the falls. Well, it was just the the group being photograhed going up the falls.

Oh well, these things may not sound like a big deal, but the little cheats can add up. :(

That is too bad. I would be upset. It does add up and you have to wonder if it was intentional, or just a mistake.

When we were in Jamaica (and Cozumel), we carried our liquor back to the ship and they took it from us and held it until the last night. I don't think I like the idea of paying for something, and hoping they actually get it to the ship...on time, and what I paid for.

We also bought the video of the falls and felt it wasn't worth what we paid for it. There was a lot of misc. video at the beginning about all of Jamaica (minus the sound-it cut in and out)...just general island information. As for the video of the falls, I think there was maybe 10 minutes (at the most) of that part. I'm glad we have it, but it certainly wasn't worth the money.

Now the dolphin video from Cozumel was a different story. That was amazing and well worth every penny we spent on it. We also have a DVD from GC with the stingrays and it was really something I was glad we ordered.

I read your note about your experiance in Jamaica. Well we were there in Dec. 2005, with the Carnival cruise lines. When we debarked to the island, we were looking for a way around the island. There was 4 of us. A nice young lady called us over to her cab, and we decided to book her for the whole day. She even took us downtown, dropped us off to shop and picked us up in 2 hrs.

She took us for a tour of the island, introduced us to people of the island, told us all about the island. She was a wonderful tour guide, and we really liked her allot. Her name was "Dawn".

She only charged each one of us $20 for the whole day! Of couse we all gave her a tip as well at the end.

This was our experiance, and we will definetely go back to ocho rios again some day!

Archived