I'm Confused

I am planning another girls only cruise for next May. The two ships in Galveston's port that are 7 day cruises are Carnival Conquest and Rhapsody of the Seas. I am confused because I priced the cheapest room on the Conquest and an outside larger room on the Rhapsody and the Rhapsody is $205 dollars cheaper. How can that be? Both cruises have the exact same itinerary!!! Both leave out of Galveston!!! But the room on the Rhapsody is NICER...I don't understand! I've sailed on 4 Carnival cruises so I have no clue on what to expect from another cruise line! Can anyone give any feedback? thanks

According to the "vacations to go" website, The price for the cheapest balcony on the Rhapsody (built in 1997) is $929. The conquest (built in 2002) is $919 for the cheapest balcony for the May 13th 2007 sailing. Other dates during the time are just about the same.

Although I have never been on either ship, I am on the RCI boards a lot. The Rhapsody may be an older ship, but it tends to get really good reviews. I have been on her sister ship, the Vision, and it was a beautiful ship and a great cruise. I have tried 3 cruise lines, which is always a good thing, and yes, it is hard to leave your favourite. I have enjoyed every cruise that I have been on!:) My advice is to check out the boards and compare each ship's reviews.

Although I have never been on either ship, I am on the RCI boards a lot. The Rhapsody may be an older ship, but it tends to get really good reviews. I have been on her sister ship, the Vision, and it was a beautiful ship and a great cruise. I have tried 3 cruise lines, which is always a good thing, and yes, it is hard to leave your favourite. I have enjoyed every cruise that I have been on!:) My advice is to check out the boards and compare each ship's reviews.

I agree 100%!!!:)

Dont sweat the petty stuff and dont pet the sweat stuff.

I have been on both ships I would stay with Carnival. I enjoyed the Rhapsody but i still like Carnival better. Don't fix whats not broken. If you liked Carnival before stick with it.

I agree 110% and I've been on both! ;)

Make sure your comparing apples to apples. I've historically found the Rhapsody to be more expensive than Conquest in same cabin category.

I would not hesitate to take Rhapsody with the savings of $205. You can use that savings to take the Ecstacy in the fall. That way you'll get your CCL and also a new experience with RoS. I personally think the two are equally fun. DW would go with Rhapsody. Either way, enjoy your cruise.

I am confused because I priced the cheapest room on the Conquest and an outside larger room on the Rhapsody and the Rhapsody is $205 dollars cheaper.
I was looking at both websites yesterday to compare those two ships and I found the prices to be very close on the inside and outside (w/ a window) cabins, but the balconies were quite a bit cheaper on the Conquest and not always available on the Rhapsody.

BTW, they don't do the exact same itenerary. Rhapsody alternates weeks betweem Key West and Ocho Rios. THe Conquest goes to Montego Bay.

Archived