Carnival Canopy Tours

wildsuey

Okay I need help...my family (about 12 of us) are interested in doing the Lost World Canopy Tour in Belize thru Carnival. I've read all the reviews and we really want to do it but there is one thing that keeps us from booking it for our cruise in July. The description at Carnival says it is a 2 hour bus ride just to get there which would mean a 2 hour bus ride back. The entire thing is only 5.5 hours long so is it really worth booking if there is only 1.5 hours of excitement?? I mean a 4 hour roundtrip bus ride really rains on our parade. Is the bus ride that bad? Is it air conditioned? Anyone who has done this trip with Carnival can you help in our decision???

Okay I need help...my family (about 12 of us) are interested in doing the Lost World Canopy Tour in Belize thru Carnival. I've read all the reviews and we really want to do it but there is one thing that keeps us from booking it for our cruise in July. The description at Carnival says it is a 2 hour bus ride just to get there which would mean a 2 hour bus ride back. The entire thing is only 5.5 hours long so is it really worth booking if there is only 1.5 hours of excitement?? I mean a 4 hour roundtrip bus ride really rains on our parade. Is the bus ride that bad? Is it air conditioned? Anyone who has done this trip with Carnival can you help in our decision???

this is just my opinion only but i have nixed doing the tours with carnival with that much travel time to get too the actual tour. i asked about seeing alot of wildlife on the 7hr ruins tour and the reply was '' no you are moving too fast to really see anything in the trees or along the road ''. and it is also a long ride too and from. if you have kids going they say a bus ride that long is boring too them. i wanted to do the canopy tour at first but i have decided to do the altun ha tour. please believe me, i am not trying to be negative about the tour, im sure it is great when you finally get to the canopy's and take the ride.

there were so many great things to pick from in belize it was very hard for me to decide what to do. zip-lining was not an option ( i thought about my poor old body being roped in and flying from the trees :D ) and all the snorkeling and beach sites were very tempting. but i think if i am going to be there for the first time i need to see the ruins . let us know what you decide to do and im sure if you go on this tour you will have a great time. oh and i am going to take some cookies or something along with a bottle of water with me from the ship to snack on. i will be used to eating all the time and im sure i will get hungry ;) .

have a great time and good luck on your choice of tours

Thanks musicmansmom - the youngest in our group is 17 so we thought maybe we could entertain ourselves on the bus ride if it was worth it. The only other excursion that had the interest of the group was the cave tubing exploration. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks musicmansmom - the youngest in our group is 17 so we thought maybe we could entertain ourselves on the bus ride if it was worth it. The only other excursion that had the interest of the group was the cave tubing exploration. Any thoughts on that one?

thanks for helping me feel like i wasnt being to negative on my personal thoughts on the canopy tour. i have not done it but the cave tubing sounds like a great time. there are great reviews on it. it would be such a nice cool ride in the tube going through the caves. that sounds like a great tour. i thought about doing tubing in limon but i live along the river and tube all the time here. but i have decided to go with oscar brown on a tour on the canal ( you get too see tons of wildlife in and out of the water ) and a tour of the banana and coco plantations . it is 5 hrs long and only $45. so much cheaper than the ship tours. i am only going to book a carnival tour in belize because of the tender issue. i have never tendered and i dont want to do anything to miss the ship there :eek: . let me know what you decide to do. have you done a search here for the canopy tour? i bet you will get some great info from members about it to make a judgement call for you :) .

later, music

We took the Carnival zipline tour in Belize last week. The actual bus ride itself is about 1 hour. I think they add time to organize every on the pier and a bathroom break each way to come up with the 2 hours that is in the description. Part of the drive into the zipline area is on a bumpy dirt road. We really enjoyed the zipline. It is in a really cool area of the jungle in and around some caves. If you do this excursion I really recommend heavy duty bug spray. We all sprayed with 25% deet at the ship. I left the spray in our room since I didn't want to carry it around all day - big mistake. We got eaten alive. My youngest daughter (8 yrs) has about 25 large mosquito bites. You need to bring the spray with you and reapply it right before they put the equipment on you. Once you have the harnesses on they don't want you to use more spray. They take lots pictures of you while on the zipline. We bought all the pictures they took of us (22 total) on a CD for $30. They also include some generic video and some wide life shots. The ride is a little long, but my family thought it was worth it. Let me know if you have any questions...

Archived