Pride of Hawaii - Debark in Kauai???

pbastedo

That's strange. What is it to them? I doubt if they would hold the ship for you if you were late coming back that day. You are in America and should be free to leave whenever you want. You are an American citizen, right?

They have allowed passengers to disembark at other port then HNL. You will still probably have to pay for the entire seven days because I do not think they will pro-rate the cruise. If you booked it through a travel agent advised the agent and they can have your record flagged. To repsond to someone that said something to the effect of "what does it matter to them"; I would not want the ship to be an all out panic because you did not return and a search is sent out for your party. They would question why you did not come back on the ship. I could only imagine if they did not and something terrible happened and the media gets a hold of it!

Which ship?

Sometimes I cannot see what is in front of my face. Did not see POH:eek:

When we sailed the Wind in Hawaii, they would not allow ending the cruise in any port but Honolulu. You needed to go through customs on the Wind because of visiting a foreign port-Fanning Island. I wonder if the person you talked to was confused:confused: and was looking at the wrong info. Maybe you should contact NCL or your TA again. Have a great cruise and time in Kauai.:)

On any international sailing the answer would be hell no, but for American flagged ships I think the answer is just no. They could, but no.[/

Sorry but I have received approval from a couple of different cruises lines to do this for some of my clients... I just had them approve one for a client on the Pride of America and also Holland America approved one for a client that was sailing on an international itinerary.

Thanks for all the responses. I will be on the Pride of Hawaii going to US ports only. I am going to check with my travel agent. I could just walk off the ship and not come back, but it may be hard to explain why I am carrying all my luggage as I get off the ship. I bet the cruise lines don't like to have people debark early for administative reasons, but since customs is not involved I don't see why it can't be arranged.

Paul

Archived