Air Deviation charges on San Juan Pre-night

Has anyone ever been charged an air deviation charge on a pre-night stay in San Juan that was booked through RCCL. The reason I agreed to the $300 a

night charge was not to be charged a deviation fee in the first place. If I new I was going to be charged anyway I could have booked the room for less than half the price. Now my one extra day (actually only a half day) is now

costing me nearly $600. I will be taking this up with my TA on Monday and have already sent two emails to RCCL. I would appreciate some feedback from someone with past experience.

P.S. My air is also booked through RCCL.

Danga

You do not say when you are cruising with RCCL and I don't see it in your previous posts.

If you have enough time, I would cancel with them and book your own air and hotel either by yourself, or your TA..

Need more facts before we can comment. Air deviation charge applies when you request specific air arrangements and are considerably less than $300 unless you requested flights where the airfare is substantially higher than what RCI has purchased for most of its passengers. Night before shouldn't have much or anything to do with it. Give us more information and we might be able to advise you, but I am surprised that you didn't notice the amount when final payment was due.:confused:

I already paid my final payment.. Didn't notice until I got the receipt!

I will ask you. Where was your TA when they were charging you all this extra money? If the TA has done all the booking for you, the TA should have been aware of this larger amount and questioned it before you paid the final bill. The TA should have told you this new higher amount before you paid them the balance. ???

O.k. We are three people flying into San Juan with RCCL air. The deviation charge is $64.00 per person or $192.00 When I asked the TA what was the cheapest way to go, either book a hotel on my own and pay the deviation charge, or book the hotel through RCCL, she said that there was no deviation

charge when you booked a pre or post through RCCL. In the big scheme of things $192 is easy to miss on a $4500 final payment. If I knew that an additional half day was going to cost almost $600 with RCCL I would have paid the deviation and booked the hotel through Priceline, Hotels.com or some other discount hotel selloff site for considerably less. I will be taking it up with my TA on Monday, but was wondering what other people had experienced with pre and post airline deviation charges. After this cruise I won't have to worry as I will become a Platinum Crown and Anchor member...

If you need more info let me know.........

We booked the Marriot, which was "only" $300 +

We had a big mess just like this one last November....

We booked cruise, custom air, and 1 night hotel though RCL.

Paid a "fee" for custom air so we would not be flying all over kingdom come to get to San Juan. It is bad enough that where we live we HAVE to go through Dallas or Houston to GO ANYWHERE.....

that said..... then the airlines changed the flight time which put us in at midnight....not acceptable so we paid another "fee" to change (ie: deviation fee) At this time since we had to pay another fee we decided to go down another day earlier (2 nights in hotel) but had to book that night on our own (we called hotel direct) as RCI did not have any left at the "cruise price".

When receipt was mailed from TA - it was wrong......

Bottom line : the AIR DEVIATION fee has nothing to do with your hotel reservations....

it is only a fee concerning your airfare.

We cancelled our (before final pmt) and booked our own airfare.... better flight times and same price.

However, we ended up eating $200.00 in "custom" and "deviation" charges

Will never book a "package" again.

O.k. We are three people flying into San Juan with RCCL air. The deviation charge is $64.00 per person or $192.00 When I asked the TA what was the cheapest way to go, either book a hotel on my own and pay the deviation charge, or book the hotel through RCCL, she said that there was no deviation

charge when you booked a pre or post through RCCL. In the big scheme of things $192 is easy to miss on a $4500 final payment. If I knew that an additional half day was going to cost almost $600 with RCCL I would have paid the deviation and booked the hotel through Priceline, Hotels.com or some other discount hotel selloff site for considerably less. I will be taking it up with my TA on Monday, but was wondering what other people had experienced with pre and post airline deviation charges. After this cruise I won't have to worry as I will become a Platinum Crown and Anchor member...

If you need more info let me know.........

We booked the Marriot, which was "only" $300 +

It sounds like what your TA did was book custom air for you. If you book custom air, there is a deviation fee. Normally if you do cruise air and go in a day ahead, there is a deviation fee for the air - unless you book their hotel. But if you book their hotel, but want to choose your own flights, that is an additional deviation fee. We encountered this with our Serenade cruise, but I was platinum by that time so it was waived.

Received a refund today for air deviation, as when you book a Hotel through RCCL for a pre or post addition there is no extra charge. The person at RCCL who took final payment from my TA made a mistake.Always check you final payment for correct details!

Thanks and Happy Cruising

Archived