Which long cruise in March '07

de13

I have asked this in Celebrity and NCL, but thought I could get better feedback here.

My question: We are a family of 4 - two children will be 12 and turning 8 on the cruise. I have sailed on Carnival, RCCL, NCL and Princess. We are going next March and have 3 cruises to choose from:

Celebrity TA on Millie for 15 nights: great itinerary, but with 6 possibly cold weather sea days. Also a great price - but will there be any other children?

Celebrity Summit Hawaii 14 nights. Good itinerary, though only docked 4 days in Hawaii. May have chance of warmer weather, though may have rainy season and yet maybe more children

NCL Pearl - Do back to back E./W Car. for 14 nights. This also looks good, but have done the Car, and some of the islands before. Not as special as other cruises, but should we just do to be "safe?" It is also a good price.

I've asked Celebrity and they say there is no way of knowing any number of children. I have been able to get this info from some other cruise line we sailed before. Is this true they can't tell?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated. My children are really looking forward to cruising again, they have been on about 4, including 14 and 10 day cruises.

• 4 weeks later...

HI. I don't know the answer to your question about how many kids but I have just booked Eastbound transatlantic (March 2008) flying to Barbados from UK then sailing to St Lucia, At Maarten, Dominica and Antigua then 5 days at sea then one day in Madeira then another 3 days to Southampton. My two boys will be 13 and 10 at the time of travelling and I will admit I was a little worried wondering about kids and ages of older passengers etc, but on reading certaing posts, I get the impression that there arent many kids but they have the full attention of the other kids and staff and get to do pretty much what they choose and have a blast! The weather I gather also will be mixed but I suppose this is when you become acquainted with the ship! I have got my head around it now and hopefully, fingers crossed, we will all love it. Good luck with your own choice.Hollyanna

Archived