Transfers London to Southampton???

YankeeClippr

Just booked the August 10th Mediterranean Trip on the QE2 ... returns to Southampton on August 24th. When I noticed the QM2 was crossing to New York on the 27th, I booked to come home by sea!! (Will spend a couple of more days in London in between).

Through a travel agent, I made flight plans to London as the "other way" on the QM2 trip early enough to meet the QE2.

Now, apparently, Cunard is reporting to the agent that I am not "entitled" to even one transfer from London to Southampton ... but I can buy them for $85 each!!! (This, after spending nearly $7,000 including single supplements on the two voyages.)

Having travelled with Cunard many times, this seems odd: in fact, I've done it several times ... just showed up at Victoria Bus Depot on sailing day, and was welcomed on the transfer coach with no additional charge.

Anybody have recent experience with a "delayed" transfer a couple of days after first arrival in London?

Thanks ...

BTW: Railfare from London to Southampton on a fast train is only 25 pounds sterling ...

Sorry, I just can tell you that I also had to arrange for my own transportation when I decided to fly early to London. (I did not think of buying transfer from Cunard).

As stated in the Cunard brochures, transports are only included if you book a flight / cruise package with Cunard and arrive resp. depart according to the regular Cunard schedule.

As you were lucky to be given free transportation a couple of times you might ask Cunard again for this courtesy (at least for one free transfer if you bougth one flight from them), but they might just have decided to stick to the hard rules.

Maybe somebody has different excperiences?

BTW: National Rail and National Express Coaches are not the worst choice.

BTW: National Rail and National Express Coaches are not the worst choice.

The biggest problem we've found with public transport is crossing London (from one station to another to head on elsewhere) with all your luggage - If you're stopping in London then it shouldn't be such a great problem. Public transport has the advantage that, if you miss it, there's normally another along shortly, Cunard's transfers have the advantage that you can get off the ship faster and don't need to bother with a taxi before your journey.

Archived