Ideas for a good family restaurant?

angelrmt

Going To Grand Cayman and want to take my 87 year old mother to lunch and also my elderly aunt. Do anyone have any good recommendations for a good family oriented restaurant. Don't want to go with their is a lot of rowdy people. Thank you.

Grand Cayman is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. My husband and I ate a small waterfront restaurant. He had fish and chips, I had a cheesburger and fries. We each had 2 frozen drinks and the bill was $85 dollars. You will be shocked at the prices....even if that isn't an issue for you!! Just a heads up!! Have a great cruise!!!

When you see the prices on the menus, they are listed in Cayman Dollars. You can ask them to give you the total in US $$ and they will do this. When we were there, US $ was 20% more. They also add the tip to the bill. So when you look at what you are ordering, you can figure it's going to cost you 35% more. Just watch your ticket so you don't double tip.

As for the restaurants, we ate at almost all of them the week we were there, and none of them were rowdy (at least not during the day). There's Breezes, Hard Rock and another one...I think it was Paradise, but I can't exactly remember, right in the port area. The Hard Rock almost always had families. Jack Rackham's is a bit further down the road (toward 7MB), but it may be a little too far to walk. It took us about 8 minutes or so to get there from the port area.

It is expensive. We were there this past winter for a week with our three kids, and we didn't have a meal that wasn't at least $200-250 or more. We spent a fortune on food that week. Next time, we are going to try and eat more meals in the condo. :)

But it's a great place and we're going back next January!

Archived