Informal Night on Summit Southbound????

SEPyle

We'll be on the 8/5 Southbound Summit and wondering what night/nights are scheduled for informal nights??? We want to eat in the Normandy and my husband wants it to be the night he would have to wear a jacket in the dining room. Also what nights are formal nights? I'm quite sure the first one will be the 2nd night out (inside passage); however not sure about the last formal night.

Thanks for feedback in advance!

Sharon

:) Good morning,

Southbound, your 2nd day is the 1st formal ( the Hubbard Glacier visit day, Sunday ). The 2nd formal night is on the Thursday.

Normally.

Happy sailing

Cheers

Claude G

;)

Thanks Claude...I actually meant to say Hubbard Glacier day for 1st formal night! Also since Thursday is Skagway with an 8pm sailaway, I'm wondering if it's fact that this is the 2nd formal night?

Again, any confirmation as to the actual night/nights for informal nights????

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the Alaska SB just finished (except for those doing a land tour after) - we should have reviews from cruisers on it in the next week or so ? we'll give them a chance to unpack! and get the 'latest' news/answers to our questions -- there seems to be fewer 'informal' nights than what the books say.

here is a quote from Patnles' post on the recent NB cruise June 3/06

"We left Saturday - casual; we were at sea in Inside Passage on Sunday - formal; then ports on Mon/Tues/Wed - a mix of casual and informal (though only one of the latter, surprise surprise); Thursday was an early sailaway from Icy Strait Point - formal; Friday at sea after the Hubbard Glacier (see my pictures on the May 20th thread?) - casual."

hope this helps.

Sewart ( first night) : Casual

Hubbard Glacier (at sea) : Formal

Skagway: Casual

Juneau: Casual

Icy Strait: Formal

Ketchikan: Informal

Inside Passage: casual

We only had 1 informal night.

Hi,

I thought I understood that EVERY night in the DINING room requires jackets for men (and even little boys.)

Right?

What is "informal night"?

J

No, you are only required to wear a suit and tie/ tux on formal nights. Informal means a sports coat and/or tie. The other nights are casual, a collared shirt and paints for men/boys. In the speciality restaurant, it is a minimum of informal wear. On formal nights, the dress is formal.

Thanks so much Texed! I really appreciate knowing what nights are what! Last year we were on the Summit Northbound and we too had only one informal night (sports jacket for men).

Thanks again for the info...it will help with our planning!

Thanks so much Texed! I really appreciate knowing what nights are what! Last year we were on the Summit Northbound and we too had only one informal night (sports jacket for men).

Thanks again for the info...it will help with our planning!

Glad I could be of some help.:)

Archived