Question about the Holiday Inn at Miami port

Toby34

My daughters and myself will be flying into Miami on 12/15/06 for one nights stay before our cruise on the 16th. I've heard good things about the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We won't be arriving until 8:15pm so we won't need anything fancy for such a short time. As long as it is bug free and clean. Before I call and make the reservation I need to find out what I should request, view wise, so we can see the port and the Bayside Market. If you have any suggestions or just any info that we need to know I would love to hear from you.

Thank you so much!

We stayed there pre and post cruise last November. They refused to accept our requests for a decent view. Prior to departing on our cruise, we again asked for a bayside view for our post cruise stay, they refused. Our friend had a room in this hotel also, she walked around with her white socks on in her room and they ended up dark grey. there was brown stains on the walls in our bathroom. We won't stay there again.

Look at all posts about this hotel before making your decision. Everyone has a differnt opinion. Sometimes you have to see for yourself. That's what we are doing. I generally stay at the InterContential but this time we booked a at suite at HI for 2 days to try something different.

Thank you I will. I have plenty of time so I'll check out all our options. I would love to stay at InterContinental. Is it extremely expensive? I just want something close to the port.

Thanks again

we just got back from the majesty and stayed 1 day pre-cruise at the holiday inn port of Miami. we had a suite w/ a great view of the port and bayside. it was great. bayside was awesome. What a way to start off your cruise. lots of entertaiment. we also took the millionaire's row cruise. and did the horse carraige ride at night. the hotel is Perfect for a pre cruise stay. the parking is reasonable ($12.00/per day) great location. the pool area needs some improvment, but we had no need for it. with all the fun acroos the street. I would stay there again

2. coming back from the cruise we decided to stay in maimi 2 more days. The holiday inn was booked so we stayed at the Intercontinental. This time we booked 2 rooms, as my daughters were driving from tampa bay to stay w/ us.

Got the rooms at last minute. very Expensive. great view and we took the club rooms w/ free continental breakfast, happy hour etc. It cost me about $600/per night. In my opinoin, the hotel is very nice. but it is more for the business kind of stay. all the rooms have a huge desk w/ fax machine. beauty marble bathrooms. parking is $25.00 dollars. and there is nothing to do. it does not give you that vacation feeling. nothing but a bunch of Stuck-up people. im glad we didnt stay there pre-cruise. I will not stay there again for a pre or post cruise. especially if your traveling w/ family.

Helen,

I have heard so many mixed reviews for the Holiday Inn I am just not sure what to do. It is so nice to hear from someone that just stayed there. Like I said, we will be there for such a short time that I just cannot see staying at the InterContinental for the price. Do you have any idea how much it is to take a taxi to the port? The last time we stayed the night before was in 2002 and the hotel had a free shuttle but it was not one of the nicest places and it was closer to the airport.

Thank you so much for your post

tobY34

I dont know how much a taxi fare to the pier is from the holiday Inn. we had our own car. do a search on these boards, i have read about the price somewhere. I dont think its alot. You can see the ship from the hotel.

and trust me, save your money for the cruise. Intercontinental is way to expense

I have just booked a pre-cruise night at the HI Port of Miami - got it on Easyclicktravel.com (if you enter downtown miami, 3-4 stars I believe it is the $98 option - check description - it should match what you find on other sites describing the holiday inn!). They do have a free shuttle to the port but frankly it will probably be very busy due to the amount of cruisers staying there. I can't imagine a taxi would cost a lot as the port is so close!

I am really looking forward to visiting Bayside Marketplace (I think dinner shall be at Bubba Gumps!) and getting into the vacation mood.

If you want more good info on any hotel go to tripadvisor.com and type name of hotel into search spot and you will get many personal reviews of people who have stayed there!

Good luck.

Froufie

Stayed at HI in April. There is not a shuttle. Cabs are very easy to get, just step outside the door. Cab ride to the port was between $10 and $15 including a tip.

The hotel is OK for a cheap place to stay for one night, but I will not stay there again. It's worth the extra $40.00 or so to stay somewhere with a staff that isn't rude, rooms that have clean linen, and is free of homeless folk pestering you for a dollar in front of the hotel.

Disclaimer -- This is my opinion, your mileage may vary.

• 2 weeks later...
I have just booked a pre-cruise night at the HI Port of Miami - got it on Easyclicktravel.com (if you enter downtown miami, 3-4 stars I believe it is the $98 option - check description - it should match what you find on other sites describing the holiday inn!). They do have a free shuttle to the port but frankly it will probably be very busy due to the amount of cruisers staying there. I can't imagine a taxi would cost a lot as the port is so close!

I am really looking forward to visiting Bayside Marketplace (I think dinner shall be at Bubba Gumps!) and getting into the vacation mood.

If you want more good info on any hotel go to tripadvisor.com and type name of hotel into search spot and you will get many personal reviews of people who have stayed there!

Good luck.

Froufie

I'm with you Bubba Gumps for lunch and dinner also. I'm going to have a Bucket of Boat Trash. I've experienced people complaining about Bubba Gumps being a chain. Oh well. I've eaten in the best of Miami and I choose to have Bubba's because it's different. The closest one to me is in New York and who's driving there for shimp. When I can fly to Miami and get a cruise while I'm there.

we just got back from the majesty and stayed 1 day pre-cruise at the holiday inn port of Miami. we had a suite w/ a great view of the port and bayside. it was great. bayside was awesome. What a way to start off your cruise. lots of entertaiment. we also took the millionaire's row cruise. and did the horse carraige ride at night. the hotel is Perfect for a pre cruise stay. the parking is reasonable ($12.00/per day) great location. the pool area needs some improvment, but we had no need for it. with all the fun acroos the street. I would stay there again

2. coming back from the cruise we decided to stay in maimi 2 more days. The holiday inn was booked so we stayed at the Intercontinental. This time we booked 2 rooms, as my daughters were driving from tampa bay to stay w/ us.

Got the rooms at last minute. very Expensive. great view and we took the club rooms w/ free continental breakfast, happy hour etc. It cost me about $600/per night. In my opinoin, the hotel is very nice. but it is more for the business kind of stay. all the rooms have a huge desk w/ fax machine. beauty marble bathrooms. parking is $25.00 dollars. and there is nothing to do. it does not give you that vacation feeling. nothing but a bunch of Stuck-up people. im glad we didnt stay there pre-cruise. I will not stay there again for a pre or post cruise. especially if your traveling w/ family.

I love the InterContinental. Was trying to book there earlier but the price was up there. So we put HI on hold a suite of course. We could get a suite for two nights for the price we would be spending at IC. I never stayed at HI and had mixed feeling about staying this time. But luckly IC rates have went down and that is where we will be. I don't find it to be stuck-up or the people who stay there. It has a different level of class and style. We prefer to relax prior to our cruise and IC provides that for us. But once on the ship it's partytime.

Whatever you do enjoy it.....................no matter what........................

Archived