Sensation 6/29/06---First cruise

ashbris

Thanks to this board I have learned a lot and I am getting a lot of my questions answered just by reading posts. This has been a great place for tips and suggestions, I will be taking things that I never would have thought of!!! However, I am wondering how do you book your own shore excursions? We will be in Nassau for one day and I have been seeing that people say to book your own---is there a particular website that is better than others? How do you know which place is reputable? Also, is it ok to take a case of water on the ship? Does it have to "smuggled" on? We are big water drinkers and I am not sure about the water situation.....We will be staying at the Radisson the night before--any suggestions for good restaurants in that area?

The water will not be a problem. The Cove is a great place to eat. It overlooks the port. What do you want to do in Nassau? It's safe to get off the ship and book your own excursion. You can take the water taxi Appx. $6.00 per person round trip to Atlantis. Many parts of it are open to the public for free!

There will be four of us and I think that three will try snorkeling:) --me being the one that will probably pass....other than that it will probably be sightseeing, maybe a tour...definitely shopping and I did think the glass boat looked like fun? We are definitely open to suggestions. Is it easy to go on and off the ship?

My Wife and I are taking the Sensation to the Bahamas in September. (my first cruise)

If you go to the Bahamas message board right here on Cruise Critic

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

I guarantee within the first 2 pages of messages, you will find everything and anything you want to know without even asking.

Bill

We just got back from the Sensation 6/11! It was my husband and I's first cruise so we were a bit nervous about buying the excursions that weren't supported by the cruise. Next time we'll probably book on our own since the snorkle boat gave us their contact info for next time. It was really easy to get around the island and taxis and the buses were cheap. Make sure you have plenty of singles in cash becuase some people say they don't have change and you have to pay more. Ditto on going to the bahamas board. Everything I needed to know was right there. Good luck and have a great time. :D

Oh and I forgot we didn't stay in Port Canaveral instead we stayed in Orlando and drove the 30-40 minutes to get there but I did hear pretty good things about that grill everyone is mentioning.

Thanks to this board I have learned a lot and I am getting a lot of my questions answered just by reading posts. This has been a great place for tips and suggestions, I will be taking things that I never would have thought of!!! However, I am wondering how do you book your own shore excursions? We will be in Nassau for one day and I have been seeing that people say to book your own---is there a particular website that is better than others? How do you know which place is reputable? Also, is it ok to take a case of water on the ship? Does it have to "smuggled" on? We are big water drinkers and I am not sure about the water situation.....We will be staying at the Radisson the night before--any suggestions for good restaurants in that area?

We got off the Sensation 6/18. We did plan a snorkel trip from the ship, but it was cancelled b/c of water conditions were not the best for any water trips. We took a taxi from the pier ($4 pp) to Lucaya Marketplace, did some shopping & crossed the street to get to the beach.

I hear these guys in Nassau are great: http://www.snorkelbahamas.com (Stuart Coves). We did a snorkel excursion through the ship b/c Freeport was cancelled. Wasn't suppose to snorkel in Nassau, but plans changed at the last minute. Also did shopping in Straw Market & took a taxi from pier to Atlantis ($4 pp) & walked in the areas that we were allowed.

Water is easy to bring on. We also stayed at the Radisson. Didn't eat at a resturant, but did walk & get Subway next door.

Have a great cruise, ours was a blast!

I don't know how I missed the Bahamas board--there was a lot of information there--along with some great pictures! We are so excited to be going as this was a last minute trip. We just booked our rooms last week so we are trying to cram as much info in as possible. We are going with my sister and her husband--first cruise for all of us. WE CAN'T WAIT!!

We just got back from the 6/11/06 cruise on Sensation. In Nassau we booked Sea Island Adventures online and had a great time. You take a boat out to Rose Island and you can snorkel from the beach. Food and drink are included and they have a cash bar too. I just wrote a short review on the Bahamas boards if you want to read more. I highly recommend them.

Archived