Inspiration and Moby Dick

Cards5440

Has anyone recently sailed the Carnival Inspiration and take the Sting Ray Tour with Moby Dick? We booked with them, and I'm second guessing myself beacuse of timing issues. The Inspiration is in port from 7-2, when Mark from Moby Dick confirmed my reservation he said the first tour goes out at 9:30 (3 hour tour) getting us back at 12:30- that's getting into crunch time. Anyone with feedback? Timing ok? not ok? Should I find another tour??? any info and suggestions are welcome!

you may want to check if the tour is island time or ship time. island time is 1 hour behind ship time, meaning it would actually be 10:30-1:30, which is really cutting it close. I am going on the inspiration in november,and i was going to book outside the ship but only being there9-2 made me a little nervous. Let me know how you make out, because I was checking out mobydick tours until i found out about ship time and island time.:)

We were on the Valor last week and took the stingray tour with Moby Dick. I was also told that the first tour is at 9:30. We got off the ship and were at the checkin at 8:25. They told us a tour was leaving at 8:30 and we were welcome to go on that boat, but it wasn't the "Moby Dick" boat that is shown on the website. I really didn't want to stand around for an hour, so we took the earlier tour. I was not happy with the driver of the boat and the tour in general. He had a lot of problems anchoring at the sandbar. To make a long story short there was lots of yelling and screaming - sometimes at the other employee and sometimes at us. At one point he let 1/2 of the people on the boat off and then determined that the anchor was dragging. He started screaming at us to get back on the boat. Red face, veins popping screaming. He had the engine going on the boat. It didn't look safe to go back to the boat. We ending up not going back. He pulled out and then pulled back in. It was no big deal. We just hung out in the water with the stingrays. There were a lot of unhappy people on our boat. I don't think they got one tip at the end of the day. The stingrays themselves were very cool. I would recommend looking for another operator or making sure that you are on the 9:30 tour. For the Valor last week ship's time and Grand Cayman time were the same.

We used Moby Dick last year, and were very happy with them...I'm not concerned with the boat or the tour guides as I already know how they operate...just concerned about timing. I read the Captian Bryan's has a tour specifically for the Inspiration and am wondering if that is the better choice.

We were on the 5/29 2 stop tour from the Inspiration. Remember that ships time is one hour later than island time. We walked from the tendering area a couple of blocks to the meeting area behind the English Bakery. We met at 7:45 island time ( 8:45 Ship time), and soon left for the boat. There were only 12 of us on the catamaran. We had a great time. The guides were very helpful and patient. The stingray bar and the snorkeling were great. It was nice not being packed in like sardines on the other tours that were there. We even made a quick 3rd stop to see large starfish and take pictures with them. The bus took us back to the tendering area around 11 ( 12 ship time), so we had an hour or so to walk around and shop. The last tender was supposed to leave at 1 (ship time), but it was later beacuase of the late rush to get back.

My family had a great time ( 5 of us), and I would recommend Captain Bryans to all. I wish we had time to do the 3 stop tour.

The price was $35 pp.

I booked online and put 20% on credit card and paid the rest when we got to the office. The website is: http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.c...CaptBryans.htm

have Fun, no matter who you choose!!!!!!!!!

Archived