Anyone booked a hotel room last minute?

We will be cruising on July 23rd on the Mariner. We will be driving to the port a day early. Has anyone used Priceline to get a room the day before they cruise in Port Canaveral or Cocoa Beach?

I have been checking some of the hotels and it seems a lot are starting to "sell out." Should we book ahead or still use Priceline? I hate to pay so much for a one night stay.:confused:

Which hotels do most of you use? Any help is greatly appreciated!:)

We will be cruising on July 23rd on the Mariner. We will be driving to the port a day early. Has anyone used Priceline to get a room the day before they cruise in Port Canaveral or Cocoa Beach?

I have been checking some of the hotels and it seems a lot are starting to "sell out." Should we book ahead or still use Priceline? I hate to pay so much for a one night stay.:confused:

Which hotels do most of you use? Any help is greatly appreciated!:)

I used Priceline to book a hotel room in Orlando and got a good deal. While looking for rooms, I also checked for Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach and found what appeared to be the Radisson was also available. This was about a week before we left.

I'm not sure I would chance booking a hotel room the day before arriving in that area since there are a number of cruise ships that dock in that port and I'm sure others will be staying in the area.

I always use www.betterbidding.com to cross-reference hotels before I bid on Priceline or book via Hotwire. I've known which hotel I'm bidding or booking about 98 percent of the time while using betterbidding.com. Another resource I use is traveladvisor.com, which provides hotel reviews.

Good luck!

You can also check the web site www.biddingfortravel.com for advice on Priceline bidding. I would go ahead and book a room myself to be certain that I have a room. I would then use Priceline to see if I could get something acceptable, cheaper. If my bids on Priceline work out I would cancel the reservation I made myself. If my bidding on Priceline fails I would then use the room I had previously booked on my own.

Archived