aft cabin, Navigator of the Seas

We are looking at a 14 day Mediterranean cruise on NOS next May. There are a couple of aft JS suites left? Are the balconies bigger? Also, can people from above see you sitting outside? I know that is the case on some ships and I don't know if I really want that. There are still enough cabins to choose from, but if we want one of them I think we should book soon. Thanks.

We are looking at a 14 day Mediterranean cruise on NOS next May. There are a couple of aft JS suites left? Are the balconies bigger? Also, can people from above see you sitting outside? I know that is the case on some ships and I don't know if I really want that. There are still enough cabins to choose from, but if we want one of them I think we should book soon. Thanks.

We had D1 1390 on the Mariner (same class of ship) and that balcony was HUGE! I would venture to guess that the aft Jr Suite balcony is also bigger. I've never booked a JS to be able to compare.

If you are not on deck 10 then, yes, people can see you from above.

We are looking at a 14 day Mediterranean cruise on NOS next May. There are a couple of aft JS suites left? Are the balconies bigger? Also, can people from above see you sitting outside? I know that is the case on some ships and I don't know if I really want that.
For Voyager class*:

The aft JS balconies are bigger than any JS balconies on the starboard or port sides.

All aft balconies are larger than any balconies of the same category on the starboard or port sides.

Decks 6, 7, 10:

The aft JS balconies -- which are on Decks 6, 7, and 10 --are covered, and no one above can see you sitting.

(All aft balconies on Decks 6, 7, and 10 are covered and no one above can see you sitting.)

Decks 8 and 9:

Aft balconies on Decks 8 and 9 -- none of which are JS -- are more open.

On these balconies -- EXCEPT for the corner afts -- people above can see you sitting.

*Special note for Navigator and Mariner:

For anyone on aft balconies that
might
be able to see the Windjammer above:

Navigator & Mariner have an extra ledge under Windjammer that shields diners at the window from a view of the balconies below.

(Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure don't have the extra ledge under Windjammer.)

Archived