Is the water rough on Silvermoon tour

arlenez

Hi:

Has anyone encountered rough water on either of the Silvermoon tours? I really want to book this tour but I get seasick if the boat rocks when stopped for snorkeling.

Thanks for any information.

Regards,

Arlene

I just know about our experience. We had smooth waters the day we sailed. The boat did not rock at all when anchored. I find that catamarans rock a lot less than regular sailboats due to their wide "wheel base" making them very stable. This is such a great excursion that we have it booked for next year, too! Here are some photos from our excursion.

I just returned from a day aboard the Silver Moon. It's a fantastic excursion. I too get motion sick but had no problems aboard the cat. The crew make you feel most welcome & the service is top of the line. I too took some amazing photos of the sea turtles. You can't believe how close they come - you can touch them.

One of the nicest things about this trip was that they only take a max of up to 12 people (at least that's all on our boat). We were with one other couple from our ship and that made it feel more unique than the tours offered by the ship. When we had dinner that night on board w/our table mates they were all so envious of our day!

We've taken several cruises and done many excursions, this excursion was second only to our mountain bike ride down the Haleakula Volcano in Maui.

Enjoy your trip!

Mary

Thanks Lilsurfergirl for your posting. I am going to book our tour today even though it's a little early, but I want to make sure I get on this tour since they only take 12 people.

Thanks again,

Arlene

I think booking it well is advance is a good choice. I really think you'll enjoy it! I think they'll only require a 50% deposit until the day of the trip.

I'm booking it again myself, I'm taking my 11 y/o on the same Southern Caribbean cruise (Destiny) on 7/16/06. I think she'll love it!

All the best,

Mary

:D

Thanks Lilsurfergirl for your posting. I am going to book our tour today even though it's a little early, but I want to make sure I get on this tour since they only take 12 people.

Thanks again,

Arlene

Make sure to ask for the Silvermoon I as it holds less people than the Silvermoon II. The II only holds 18, but 12 is better.:D

Thanks again,

Arlene

Arlene, I don't think it is too early at all. I booked ours for next April about 2 months ago! The girl there told me they were already getting bookings for that time of the year.

I am sure you will love this excursion!

I'm booking it again myself, I'm taking my 11 y/o on the same Southern Caribbean cruise (Destiny) on 7/16/06. I think she'll love it!

Mary, there was a girl about this age on our excursion and she had a fabulous time! Check out my pictures above and you will see her laughing as she sat on the steps on the back of the boat on our way back to port. She is also shown jumping off the back of the boat w/ her brother. I am sure you daughter will love this excursion!

Thanks Sheffie for letting me know about the young girl on the Silver Moon. When my husband & I went last month there were all adults on it. He was concerned that she'd be bored (can't imagine that?) without other kids being there. Also, he didn't think the menu would appeal to her. We didn't explore any of Barbados the last time so he wanted me to do that next month. I'm sure the turtle encounter will be something she'd talk about for years to come?

I haven't heard back if they're booked on 7/19 yet but I really hope they can fit us in!

Mary

Arlene, I don't think it is too early at all. I booked ours for next April about 2 months ago! The girl there told me they were already getting bookings for that time of the year.

We are all booked for next March on Silvermoon. Thanks for everyone's advice and help. The hardest part now is the wait until March.

Warm regards,

Arlene

Silvermoon II has plenty of shade. That is the reason we booked this over Silvermoon I.

The person I was communicating with from Silvermoon recommended Silvermoon II for more shade.

Archived