QM2: Boston Herald's Blog, Cruise Critic & YOU!

LauraS

*What is your most memorable QM2 moment: seeing her in port and wanting to take a trip

*Biggest kvetch? none

*What I learned… they want payment pretty fast after a deposit sheesh not even 30 days tween deposit and expected in full

*No. of crossings on QM2? one coming in the fall

*What is your most memorable QM2 moment:

Entering our Queens Grill stateroom and watching the expression on my wife's face (it was a surprise), and then spending the next hour exploring every niche of the cabin.

*Biggest kvetch?

None. We loved every bit of the voyage and ship and we've found other ships to lack the unique feeling of QM2.

*What I learned…

I confirmed that I prefer traveling on the surface of the earth. I have crossed North America by bicycle, train, and car and I vastly prefer all of those modes to air travel (even though my employer is an airline).

*No. of crossings on QM2?

One crossing, so far. Would love to do more.

Just arrived from NYC to Southampton on 15 June crossing. We are still in wonderment of all the wonderful moments experienced. Our mind is still feeding off them in our thoughts

Worst moment - Having to leave her.

Would we do it again? 'Oh yes 'Oh yes..but for us sadly we possibly will never again be able to afford to.:(

Helful comment - Dont listen to the wingers and professional cruise moaners - do it, do it, and basque in the design beauty and quality at all levels on the QM2 - enjoy - it's one of lifes special 'have to do's'

B&E - Windsor, England

We're hoping too that a lot of the folks sailing on RSVP's charter will check out the thread -- I'm betting a number of those travelers will be first-timers.

My partner & I will do that next summer. Can't wait as it will be our first cruise ever. I was having difficulty deciding whether to do a "luxury" cruise or a "gay" cruise. It seemed that we generally prefer mixed crowds and we're not real partiers. An additional concern I had about cruising (the boat type ;) ) was the constant stopping at ports. We really like to spend some time in a place, not rush. We don't really enjoy tours. We like to eat local food when in a new place.

So when I found the Atlantic crossing on the RSVP site, I immediately booked it. We're getting a Deck 9 room with the Queens Grill! :) :) :) This way we can concentrate on the ship & voyage, and have a gay, luxury cruise!!!

Nobbi

• 2 weeks later...

The big crowds in Hamburg celebrating the presence of the Queen Mary 2.

*Biggest kvetch?

Being called to leave the ship almost an hour before the disembaration sheet said we would.

*What I learned

How the two Cunarders have their own set of strengths.

Only Southampton - Hamburg - Southampton.

BTW I signed the log book that is being looked after the librarian.

• 4 weeks later...

Walking over one during my lunch hour to see her berthed at the

pier in NYC. She is a sight to behold.

*Biggest kvetch?

I haven't sailed on her yet and that really bugs me. :)

*What I learned…

The difference between a cruise ship and an ocean liner

None YET. I'll be cruising on her next year for the first time and

hope to do a crossing soon.

Archived