Miracle 7/23 questions shore excursions

bzmama

We have been to Grand Cayman several times and always booked Stingray City off the Boat. Is it cheaper just getting the trip from one of the dockside vendors? Is the tour as good? We don't need the city tour.

Also does anyone know how Cozumel fared after the Hurricanes. We always love Chankanaub State Park (Cozumels best thing to do). WE are hoping it still exists. Does anyone know?

Also, we have never been to Costa Maya or Belize. Whats up there.

Ecstasy 1991

RC Soveriegn 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004

Inspiration 2002

Sensation 2003

RC Adventurer 2003

Glory 2004

Celebrity Summit Alaska 5/2005

RC Mariner 2005

Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal 4/2006

Private tours are less expensive than the Carnival sponsored tours that you book on the ship. Go to the Grand Cayman port of call board, and you can get lots of information on reliable tour operators that do the stingray city tours.

When we were in Cozumel in March this year, Chankanaab Park was closed. It was pretty much destroyed by the hurricanes. I don't know if they are reopening or not. We spent the day at Paradise Beach. Although there is lots of hurricane damage on Cozumel, we had a fantastic day at PB.

Belize, we did the Private Island Beach Break at Bannister Island through the ship (Miracle). Not sure it was worth the money we paid for it, though. I would do some type of tour in Belize, though. Not much to do on your own, and not the safest place once you get out of the gated area right at the port.

Costa Maya has a great swimming pool right by the dock, with lots of shopping, a couple of restaurants, music. It's free to use the pool. If you go a couple of miles to the little fishing village of Majahual, there are more restaurants and a nice beach area. We did the David & Ivan Mayan Ruins tour at this port, and enjoyed it very much.

You can read my Miracle review (click on the link under my signature) if you want more information on our shore excursions.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

We're on the same cruise 7/23. In Grand Cayman we booked the Stingray City Sandbar and Coral Gardens tour with Nativeway. In Belize we booked the Zipline and Cave tubing combo with Nacho and Cynthia. Your 21 year olds would probably like the zipline.

Who are Nacho and Cynthia? That sounds great. How many zips? We did one of those in Costa Rica on our Panama Cruise but the kids have not been.

Where did you find the tour you are booked on in Grand Cayman?

Just got off the miracle 6-4.

Grand Cayman- we also love swimming with sting rays. you can book a private tour online- grandcaymanshoreexcursions.com. Don't know if it's cheaper than Carnival.

Cozumel- The park is still closed and there is still alot of damage. There are hardly no trees. It's a shock but don't let it scare you, they beaches are still BEAUTIFUL! I went to San Francisco Beach (right beside Paradise Beach), had a great time. cozumelshoreexcursions.com

Belize- We went to the Belize zoo, it was ok. Not worth the money. But we heard great things from people who did the river tubing and/or canopy zip line tour. Everyone said they loved it. belizeshoreexcursions.com

Costa Maya- We went to Mahahual (the fishing village) It was one of my top beaches. I loved it. costamayashoreexcursions.com

Archived