Which is Cheaper a Taxi or Bus?

plcruiser

Its more on Sunday for a cab. Its about 20 minutes and $40.00 for 5 people each way. On sunday its 25% more. The bus is $12.00 for an all day pass. or you could buy 15 bus tickets for $30.00 at the service area-these are not available on the ship and can't be used for the ferry. I put the bus's website someplace on the Bermuda threads. The bus is about 35 minutes.

http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt?space=Opener&control=OpenObject&cached=true&parentname=CommunityPage&parentid=4&in_hi_ClassID=514&in_hi_userid=2&in_hi_ObjectID=468&in_hi_OpenerMode=2&

Is it less money to take a cab to Horseshoe Bay or the bus when you have 3 adults and two children? Also, how much faster would it be by taxi? Thank you;)

it is faster by taxi because you might have to wait for a bus. For five people including kids, I think a taxi is best.

• 2 weeks later...

From the website listed in this post:

Ferry Service: Bus Tokens, Transportation Passes, Adult, Monthly Passes, and Student Term Passes, are honoured on buses and ferries. Tickets and Transfers are not honoured on the ferries. Contact the Marine & Ports Services Department at 295-6575 for information concerning the Ferry System.

The walk to the bus stop is a killer after you are tired from the beach. It is quite a hike up hill carrying wet towels etc. The taxi come down the hill to the beach to pick up.

Please note though that the taxi drivers are very peticular about their cabs, no wearingwet swim suits or sandy feet are allowed in the cabs, so bring a change of clothes before heading back.

The walk to the bus stop is a killer after you are tired from the beach. It is quite a hike up hill carrying wet towels etc. The taxi come down the hill to the beach to pick up.

Personaly I don't think the hike back up is a killer. It is moderate. But I guess that depends what kind of shape you are in. If you do take the bus and not a taxi back you don't have to hike back up. There is this fellow with a mini-van who has been there for years who charges a $1 to ride you up from the beach to the bus stop.

Personaly I don't think the hike back up is a killer. It is moderate. But I guess that depends what kind of shape you are in. If you do take the bus and not a taxi back you don't have to hike back up. There is this fellow with a mini-van who has been there for years who charges a $1 to ride you up from the beach to the bus stop.

We used his services when we went last September. He has a little wooden footstool that allows you to step up into the van. Avoiding that walk up the hill in that sun was well worth the $1. Best money I spent the entire trip. And he is very nice, fun to talk with. As you zoom past the other people trudging up the hill, the look on their faces say it all. Why didn't we do that? LOL. Once at the top, the bus stop is right there and we never waited very long. If the crowds were too large we just walked to an earlier bus stop to make sure we got a seat.

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty Sept 2006

I have Osteoarthritis in my knees and have a hard time walking for long periods of time, up/down stairs, etc.

~ ~ Will the hill at Horseshoe Bay be difficult for me?

I hope the nice man with the van is still there. I would pay the $1.00.

I am thinnking of taking the bus. It's a lot cheaper.

I am concern about the service time.

~ ~ How far apart are the pick-up /drop-off times?

~ ~ Do they accept US change?

~ ~ Or, do I need to buy tokens at the pier?

I have Osteoarthritis in my knees and have a hard time walking for long periods of time, up/down stairs, etc.

You can buy a day pass on the cruise ship or by the pier for 12.00 per day. There is a area where they sell bus tickets as well. I am not sure how many tickets you need since ita zone issue. The buses run about every 20 minutes during the day(except Sunday-when they run less often). The Van guy diesn't get there until 11-12. I don't belive you can use US on the bus you need tickets or a pass. They will accept US cash at the ticket/[ass selling place- US is accepted as the Bermudian dollar is set at 1 us per 1 bermuda. Down hill is much easier than up hill for most of us.

He was there a month ago.

The buses run every twenty or thirty minutes depending on the time of day. Toward the late afternoon they put on extra buses. You need to buy tokens or a bus pass.

The hill at Horseshoe is very steep. It is about 1/4 mile and in the heat takes a good effort. When you see that hill, you will think "I would pay $10". LOL. It will be the best $1 you ever spent. The bus takes cash, but change only, no bills. The fare will range from $3 to $4.50. Or you can buy tokens or tickets which are sold in booklets of 15. My recommendation is to get the transportation pass which has unlimited use of the buses and ferries. It is $12 for one day, $20 for 2 and $28 for 3. Checking the bus schedule, no. 7 the south shore bus runs alternately every 10 and 20 minutes.

Thank you so much for your info..

I do not want to over spend, waste money, on a one time use.

Which would be more cost efficient? Easier to use?

Tickets sold in Booklets of 15 cost - 3 zones $20.00 - 14 zones $30.00

1-Day Transportation Pass (All Zones) $12.00

Can the booklet be shared - used for 2 people?

Where on the ship can I buy the passes? Wondering if they also sell booklets?

Thank you so much for your info..

\Tickets sold in Booklets of 15 cost - 3 zones $20.00 - 14 zones $30.00

1-Day Transportation Pass (All Zones) $12.00

Can the booklet be shared - used for 2 people?

Where on the ship can I buy the passes? Wondering if they also sell booklets?

The tickets can be shared(not the pass) but the tickets are not sold on the ship as far as I have been told. All the cruise ships I have been on to Bermuda(3) sell the all day passes somewhere. where on your ship, ask at the front desk or the excursion desk I am sure they will know.

The tickets can be shared(not the pass) but the tickets are not sold on the ship as far as I have been told. All the cruise ships I have been on to Bermuda(3) sell the all day passes somewhere. where on your ship, ask at the front desk or the excursion desk I am sure they will know.

The other person did not say where they were docking. In Hamilton tokens are sold at the bus terminal where you catch the bus. In St. George they are sold inside the building at the dock that you walk through when getting on and off the ship . I don't know where you get them at the Dockyard.

Is each ticket in the booklet good for a single ride (either 3 or 14 zone?) or do you need multiple tickets as you go through zones :confused: We have pretty much decided on a beach day in Bermuda (pink sand and so forth) and will probably take the bus rather than a cab. Since there are 5 of us, we would use ten tickets if each ticket can be used one way, so the book would be a bargain. Am I thinking correctly?

Archived