bumpy jeep tours?

lauren0309

We havent decided yet if we want to do a jeep tour with a group or rent a jeep on our own. My husband had 2 hip replacements recently and is worried after reading about the jeep tours that it will be very bumpy and he's afraid of dislocating his hips that he had replaced. Do you really get bumped around alot?

We just got back Sunday, and we took a Jeep tour with ABC Tours. It was REALLY bumpy, but TOTALLY worth it!!! They take you all around the island to places you can't get to on tour buses - including the Natural Pool!

I would have your husband talk to his doctor and see if you can do this tour. If you can, it's awesome!

aruba1.jpg

I agree with sockmonkey check with your husband doctor before going, you are seatbelted in but you still get bumped around a lot. But the views were worth every bump, and don't forget to wear a hat and lots of sunscren. The sun is very intense.

Sockmonkey-

Did you go on the full day or 1/2 day tour with ABC? We are trying to decide which to do. It will be me, DH, DS (14), and DS (5). We couldn't care less about having time to shop other than if there is some type of local craft or art, so that is not really a factor. We've never been to Aruba before.

Thanks

I was there in May we did full day. The kids will probalby get a kick out the ride. You site in open air jeeps with a canopy and travel down some very steep terrain. Aruba is a barron island so I felt this trip gave us an opportunity to see the other side the coast line is very nice. Be prepared to get dirty and wear sunglasses (kids too.) the whirling dirt is relentless.

Have fun

Archived