Any review of Residence Inn Miramar?

DaveT65

Has anyone stayed at the Residence Inn Miramar [new property, I believe]? I'm thinking of staying there for a 1-night precruise in November. I know it isn't convenient to the port, but we're flying in to FLL, renting a car, and want to do a morning "tour" of the Everglades/Tamiami Trail before boarding, and this seemed like a good choice, especially considering we will be a party of 4.

Pass it quite frequently. Typical Marriott Residence Inn. It's an easy drive, 40 minutes west of Port Everglades. Located in a business park near Carnival and Royal Carribean Cruise Line office buildings. It's a nice central location to explore the area from. Nearby airboat rides in the Everglades, shopping at the 300 outlet Sawgrass Mills, 25 minutes from Miami Beach/SoBe. Enjoy. ;)

Bequia:

Thanks for the prompt reply. And encouraging!

I neglected to mention that the cruise leaves from Port of Miami, not Port Everglades, so Residence Inn is more central than it might first appear. Flying into/out of FLL in order to use JetBlue. So will be traveling FLL to RI day prior, then to the Everglades in the am, and on to Hertz downtown drop-off and Port of Miami day of. Will take a limo [Larry's limo?] upon disembarkation from Port of Miami to FLL.

BTW: Thanks to many on this board for helping me to put together the details of the above.

Dave, sounds like a good plan, Jet Blues the best. Larrys Limo was an excellent choice as well. You've done your homework. Enjoy your trip, if you need any additional info for the area don't hesitate to ask.

Archived