Great advice but.... so many extras!!

miktams

I have been watching these posts since before our trip (june 4,2006) and was sure to read the "what to bring" post. i have to say that all the wonderful and helpful info and tips were perfect, but my first timers be sure to go throught the lists and tips and use them to suit you and your families needs. your stateroom will be a huge factor in what you might need "extra" the reason i mention this is because we brought so many "extras" we had to buy a "bon voyage" duffle bag before we left(which i have to say at $25 it is worth it a really, really nice bag!) just to carry all our souviners. not to metion we returned about $150 worth of unused stuff to walmart. I am not complaining about the advice by no means i am just saying think it out a little better we just had so much extra stuff!

THE TRIP ROCKED!!! ALL OF YOU ABOUT TO LEAVE AND WAiTING TO LEAVE HAVE A GREAT TIME! HOPE TO SEE ALL YA'LL LIBERTY 5/2007!!

I am not complaining about the advice by no means i am just saying think it out a little better we just had so much extra stuff!
Great advice! All the suggetions on what to take are good ideas for some, but they don't fit every situation. On our last trip, we didn't take an over-the-door organizer and didin't need one. We had plenty of space in the bathroom for me and my husband's things. This time our son will be sharing the room, so I'm bringing one. I suspect the extra storage will come in handy.

I have been watching these posts since before our trip (june 4,2006) and was sure to read the "what to bring" post. i have to say that all the wonderful and helpful info and tips were perfect, but my first timers be sure to go throught the lists and tips and use them to suit you and your families needs. your stateroom will be a huge factor in what you might need "extra" the reason i mention this is because we brought so many "extras" we had to buy a "bon voyage" duffle bag before we left(which i have to say at $25 it is worth it a really, really nice bag!) just to carry all our souviners. not to metion we returned about $150 worth of unused stuff to walmart. I am not complaining about the advice by no means i am just saying think it out a little better we just had so much extra stuff!

THE TRIP ROCKED!!! ALL OF YOU ABOUT TO LEAVE AND WAiTING TO LEAVE HAVE A GREAT TIME! HOPE TO SEE ALL YA'LL LIBERTY 5/2007!!

Good feedback, well stated in a very positive manner!

this post was just to remind eveyone that more is not always better. especially if you go with family! i think the Wife and I worried more about what we might need and not enough of what we really do need. I forgot my brown dress shoes so i had to use my black for everything! i guess no one else noticed but it bugged the hell outta me!

Very good post for newbies to read especially.

Yes, any of the packing or what to bring threads, each and every item mentioned is useful for some cruisers depending on their own personal situation, cabin booked, etc. But doesn't mean that you should bring everything mentioned. Look at your own situation and decide.

I am so glad that your trip ROCKED!:D (Are you addicted now?)

And I look forward to a review.

Also, let us know (as it will be helpful for people) what did you find useful/helpful and what did you (in your particular situation) not need.

In a fair and balanced manner of course.;)

All experiences are helpful for people to know, especially if they can apply it to their own situation and take or leave the advice accordingly.

CJW

Archived