What is the best transportation from FLL airport to Port of Miami???

sharod

Not sure if we are flying into FLL or MIA. It all depends on airfare. If we use FLL what transportation is reliable and reasonably priced to get 4 adults to the Port of Miami and then back to the airport after the cruise???

Any help would be greatly apprciated:) !!

Tri County Airport Express $18 per person. http://www.floridalimo.com/

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

For 4 people though, a car rental may be more economical. ;)

Tri County Airport Express $18 per person. http://www.floridalimo.com/

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

For 4 people though, a car rental may be more economical. ;)

Am I correct that Tri county and floridalimo link are different companies? $18 seems like a deal to me. Can you reserve them ahead of time or just contact them once you are at the airport??? I think renting a car would be more expensive because having to pay for parking at the port.

We are flying into FLL and cruising out of Miami too. We have rented a car at the FLL airport from Thrifty for a total of $48.86 with all taxes and fees . There will be 4 of us too. We are staying in a hotel at the MIA airport the night before our cruise. The next morning we will return the car to Thrifty at the MIA airport and thrifty will shuttle us to the port for free. The day we get off the ship we have a car reserved from Thrifty and they will meet us at the Mia pier and we will drop it off at the FLL before going home.....sounds sad to even write that going home part!!!! The cost for the 2nd rental is 47.70 I noted some of the car rentals have a one way drop off fee, thrifty does not, another reason I went with them. I may be able to get another cheaper car rented? I just have not re-checked after I booked these. It is for the weekend after Thanksgiving so I thought I had better book while I could. We also wanted the means to site see the night before our cruise and the day we get off the ship before we fly home. Having a car rented was the answer.

We are flying into FLL and cruising out of Miami too. We have rented a car at the FLL airport from Thrifty for a total of $48.86 with all taxes and fees . There will be 4 of us too. We are staying in a hotel at the MIA airport the night before our cruise. The next morning we will return the car to Thrifty at the MIA airport and thrifty will shuttle us to the port for free. The day we get off the ship we have a car reserved from Thrifty and they will meet us at the Mia pier and we will drop it off at the FLL before going home.....sounds sad to even write that going home part!!!! The cost for the 2nd rental is 47.70 I noted some of the car rentals have a one way drop off fee, thrifty does not, another reason I went with them. I may be able to get another cheaper car rented? I just have not re-checked after I booked these. It is for the weekend after Thanksgiving so I thought I had better book while I could. We also wanted the means to site see the night before our cruise and the day we get off the ship before we fly home. Having a car rented was the answer.

So when you disembark there will be a car waiting for you. Cool!!! I will have to give Thrifty a call and check this out. It sounds like a great option. What kind of car are you getting? I will need something large enough for 4 adults with all our luggage:D !!

It is my understand...as soon as our color is called to exit the ship,we have a number to call thrifty and they will meet us at the pier. Hope they will be there soon after we walk out, if not waiting on us, since they will need to come from the airport. When I made the reservation the man said a car would be at the pier, I called today and the lady stated they would shuttle us back to thrifty to get the car? Having the car at the pier would be better, but It will be ok the other way too. The price for the 2nd day has gone down in price to $45.40...hey, a dollars a dollar!!! The car is a full size..I too hope we can get 4 people and all of our luggage in there...we will make it fit!!!!!

Archived