Yet another waxing question...

Hi all,

I know that there are a few people who post here that get bikini waxes quite often, so you are my experts. I've decided to go Brazilian for the trip. I moved from New York last year and feel more comfortable going to a place that I know there. Since I'll be visiting there 8 days before my trip, will I still be good to go for the cruise? I feel like it's cutting it close, but maybe not.

Thanks in advance!

You will be fine! Remember, it will take about two days for the 'bumps' to go away after the waxing. By the time you go, you will be nice and smooth!!

I am going tonight for my bikini waxing and my cruise leaves on Sunday, so that is 5 days away...

I am getting my underarms done too!!

I get Brazilians and generally they last 4 weeks in between visits.

I prefer to get them within a day or two of vacations.

I never swell :eek: and deal with bumps by using a Tend Skin regularly and exfoliating when showering.

Take a couple of ibuprofen an hour before. It always makes it easier for me.

i get everything waxed every 3 weeks... that usually is the time that is needed in between

You should be fine during that time. Not to get to "in depth" but take some tweezers with you for any strays that may pop up! :p

It is worth it for sure.

Also, maybe a little too much info... but try not to get waxed right before your time of the month. it is extra painful then. take some motrin/tylenol before and that should help a bit.

Also, to help prevent ingrown hairs, when i get back from the salon, i get a cotton swab and put some rubbing alcohol on the parts that are red. this helps prevent ingrowns and any bacteria that might be there! It also helps the swelling and any red bumps!

Archived