The things I learned from Cruise Critics

Astronomer

If someone goes overboard, Carnival is reposonsible because someone should be patrolling every square foot of exposed deck and a security officer should be stationed in everyone's private balcony. Should someone go overboard, Carnival must find the missing party and keep it's scheduled ports with no delays and compensate all guests regardless for emotional trauama... with a free 7 day cruise sounds fair.

If you are lucky enough to throw you significant other, I mean if your significant other happens to fall over board (nudge nudge, wink win. Say no more! Say no more!) be sure to work out a lucrative book deal....

Make sure you pack that skimpy bikini that is 2 sizes two small because once you've spent all that time in the gym exercising,it will fit just perfect!

Laura

LOL... or if you spent.. waaay too much time at the buffet.. then it will look like next years mini thong bikini..

Very good!!

Every time I thought of something I just read on and it was there!

but I gotta add something:

Please encourage your wonderful kids to take up all the time alloted singing songs off key, that we adults have never heard of, during Kaoroke.

Remember that the Spa is supposed to be a meat market, dress accordingly and make sure your make-up and hair is perfect!

And when you are arriving back to your home port, just ask Carnival to illegally re-open the gift store becasue you forgot a souvenier for the lady watching your dogs at home.

Can't wait for October 1st to use all this info on our 8th Carnival cruise.....Destiny!

Kelli

Don't forget to leave your beautiful matched set of Carnival beach towels at the first port and ask for your next set, so you can do the same at the next port! They wouldn't think of charging you for them.

To add to your wonderful shorts, tank top and flip flop outfit for Formal night you need to add a ball cap and either black or white tube socks:rolleyes: . I can't believe you would go to dinner without your socks.

-Lastly, complain loudly about anyone who cannot speak english, especially in port - "Well, if they want to sell me something, they need to speak English!!" How dare someone in a foreign country not speak english:eek: .

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Darn foreigners don’t even speak English! :rolleyes:

That will have me laughing all day.

I actually heard that one in Cozumel last year!:rolleyes: A group of women shopping beside us in the pier shopping area (that was levelled a week or so after we were there:( ). DH had to drag me away because I was ROFLMAO. Where did they think they were??

I could not let that one be... I would have to say something, ask them why in the world would they come to someone elses country and not learn thier language first. :D

Of course I dont need too, Moondance knows just enough spanish to get me by.

Let me make sure I got this all correct for my UPCOMING trip in '07

The list is:

How to smuggle a keg of beer onto the ship

Which brand of blue jeans is appropriate for the formal dinner

Bring Tiki torches to decorate your balcony

That visiting the F-Deck can make you go blind

To wake up at 5:30 am and place personal items on every single deck chair on the entire ship, then go back to bed until at least 11

To make sure you fly to the ship on the day of the cruise, that lands at 3:30pm

To make sure you book a plane flight for 9am the morning the ship returns to port

To have fun in the ports, and stay late, the ship will wait for you.

To order one of each and every entrée at every meal

That tipping is bribery and to have all tips removed first thing on board

The most important items to pack are a blender, toaster and microwave oven

The fastest way to get better service is to demand to see the captain at every turn

Book a 1A guarantee and fully expect to be upgraded to a suite

Order sandwiches and smuggle them off the ship for lunch in port

Always split 9’s

If the line you are in is not moving fast enough, shove the person in front of you

Box up your entire dinner and bring it to eat in the theater during the show.

Always slam your stateroom door, especially at 3am as they can fail to latch.

If you hear your neighbors coming out to their balcony, peek around the partition to take a look at them.

Treat the overpaid and under worked stall as the galley slaves they are.

If anything goes other than expected, demand to be compensated by another free Cruise.

Always book your cruise based on ports of call, because you are guaranteed to stay on your planned itinerary regardless of the weather.

If I get a late start and don't have time to put my items on every single deck chair, if I immediately go to the pursors desk and DEMAND to speak to the captain's boss, will they give me a free cruise?

Don't forget to add to screaming down the hallways at 3am to make sure your neighbors know you're still awake!

Don't forget the crock pot for nacho cheese while on your upgraded balcony!!

Don't forget a fire pit for your balcony is always a nice touch. Especially for roasting marshmallows.

Don't forget to blame everything on Carnival...it's all their fault. Especially when they make you leave the ship.

Ensure that your children realize the elevators are considered "rides" and are there for their pleasure!

Don't forget to take your fill of all the free books, sunglasses and towels just laying aroung on the deck chairs.

If you don't like what they are serving on the buffet line, don't be wasteful, put it back.

If the ladies did not want to be stared at they would not take thier tops off on the F-deck.

Don't forget to let your 18 month old child play in the hot tub with no diaper.

Another tip is if a person is next to you at a black jack table and takes a hit which would have caused the dealer to bust, send a bill to his cabin for your lost bet.

DOnt forget not to wash your hands, sneeze on the buffet untensils, and buy drinks for all the underage kids, its their vacationtoo.

bring the baby monitor to listen in on your kids while they run amuck, thats GOOD parenting

Begin whining about how bad your cruise is going to be even before you've taken it

if you have a balcony aren't you supposed to bring your fishing pole to do some deep sea fishing?

If you are injured or sick on board, remember that is was Carnival's fault and even if you had to leave the ship or locked in your cabin you deserve a free cruise and a credit back on the one you didn't get to enjoy - even if you didn't have travel insurance.

You paid good money for this cruise, so don’t be afraid to go to the front of the line for everything.

The ladies on the Funnel Deck love to have their pictures taken.

Your kids are welcome to take over the aft Lido pool regardless of what the sign says about adults only.

Bring your Iron so your jeans will be nicely pressed for Formal Night.

When something goes wrong on your Non-Carnival affiliated shore tour, be sure to march straight to the Pursers Desk once back on board and demand a free cruise.

Don’t forget to pick up your free matching set of Carnival Beach Towels, available on the Lido deck chairs on Sea Days between 8 & 11am.

Be sure to send your kids to the Theatre early to save all 12 chairs for your party……even though only 5 plan to attend the show.

Candles greatly enhance the "mood" of your cabin.

Don't forget to got to the morning buffet, and ask for biscuits and gravy.. then raise heck that they don't have it. Or ask for fried chicken at lunch..

Don't forget to get up early in the morning, curse loudly when you stubb your toe because you forgot to leave a light on, and then slam the bathroom door shut because your toe hurts..

Don't forget to pack your 100 quart family sized hard side cooler with all the drinks and beer you could possibly get in it.. and then try to get it thru the carry on scanner..

"It's all Carnivals fault", even including you getting totaly drunk and passing out on a deck chair and getting 2nd degree burns all over your face..

Be sure to constantly nag your significant other throughout the ship, just to let everyone else know how much you really care for them.

Provide a running critique during the shows.

As soon as something goes wrong (and you know it will the first day) be sure to tell everyone else on the cruise how messed up Carnival is.

Tell everyone how much better RCI is. Be sure to begin this while waiting in line to embark.

Shirt and shoes are not to be worn in line for the buffet.

Provide your children with plenty of sugar and caffeine, and make sure they understand they are more special than everyone else, and that they have run of the ship.

Finally, be sure to come back after your cruise, and berate everyone on the board for the bad advice provided.

Those sitting in adjacent deck chairs, and your dinner table mates want to hear all about every little thing that has gone wrong on you cruise so far.

Don’t buy beers for the crewmen in greasy overalls down in the Disco. They get theirs for free from the bartenders.

Make sure your kids know that running laps in the hallways at 2am is a great way to burn of the affects of the sugar and caffeine.

If you don’t feel that you are getting your way, throw yourself to the floor and complain of chest pains.

Sit in the seat next to the dealer and split your tens. It's amazing how fast a group of people will turn red almost simultaneously.

And don't forget, according to a recent Carnival passenger, smoking is now allowed in the dining room.

The only other smoking section on the ship is F-deck and topless is manditory.

Don't forget to stop by Radio Shack and see if they have some of those old 5 watt 23 channel hand held CB radios so you can all stay in touch, make sure to purchase the optional external speaker so you can catch all the important information someone needs to provide you.

Always talk loud for clarity when responding and begin all transmissions with: "breaker, breaker, breaker 19"

Wait until the last possible minute to book your cruise, like an hour before it departs would be good. Because they practically give away cabins for free then.

If anything goes wrong on your cruise, get right on the phone to Bob Dickinson. He's waiting by the phone for just those calls.

Private family discussions are extremely appropriate and encouraged in front of your dining table companions, here is your chance to get advice from a captive (i mean caring) audience that can hear both sides (or only one side as is the case sometimes) - the louder the better, it's hard to hear over all that damn singing your waiter will want to do

Remember that smoking is allowed in the adults hot tubs. And speedo's are required for all men above the age of 18..

Don't forget that thongs are required for men on the Funnel Deck.

If there is a cat 5 hurricane directly in the path of your ship you should expect to go to every port you paid for. If the ship captain takes it upon himself to go and ruin the trip you had planned then Carnival owes you a refund!!!

Please remember that shorts, flip flops and tank tops are always welcome in the main dining room for formal night.. even less on the other nights..

And a pitcher of Coke and Beer will always be available from your waiter upon asking..

Smuggle on enough alcohol so that your underage teens have enough to last the entire cruise.

If you run out of shorts, t-shirts, and jeans for the dining room, the robes that are available in the cabin are perfect attire.

If there are any groups of people that are remotely different than you in any way, they will ruin your vacation. Be sure to complain to Carnival and Cruise Critic very loudly if that happens.

If you get locked out of your cabin, you can climb across everybody's balconies until you get to yours, and you can let yourself back in.

Remember that everyone is invited to the past guest party, even if no one in your entire group has ever traveled with Carnival.

Don't forget to iron your formal outfit 1 hour prior to formal night - everyone else did theirs at home, so no one else will be waiting.

If someone goes overboard, Carnival is reposonsible because someone should be patrolling every square foot of exposed deck and a security officer should be stationed in everyone's private balcony.

Should someone go overboard, Carnival must find the missing party and keep it's scheduled ports with no delays and compensate all guests regardless for emotional trauama... with a free 7 day cruise sounds fair

Get a front row seat in the showroom, so that you can look up the showgirls' skirts when they do the X rated show.

If you are lucky enough to throw you significant other, I mean if your significant other happens to fall over board (nudge nudge, wink win. Say no more! Say no more!) be sure to work out a lucrative book deal....

Make sure you pack that skimpy bikini that is 2 sizes two small because once you've spent all that time in the gym exercising,it will fit just perfect!

Please encourage your wonderful kids to take up all the time alloted singing songs off key, that we adults have never heard of, during Kaoroke.

Remember that the Spa is supposed to be a meat market, dress accordingly and make sure your make-up and hair is perfect!

When you are arriving back to your home port, just ask Carnival to illegally re-open the gift store becasue you forgot a souvenier for the lady watching your dogs at home.

Don't forget to leave your beautiful matched set of Carnival beach towels at the first port and ask for your next set, so you can do the same at the next port! They wouldn't think of charging you for them.

To add to your wonderful shorts, tank top and flip flop outfit for Formal night you need to add a ball cap and either black or white tube socks . I can't believe you would go to dinner without your socks.

Complain loudly about anyone who cannot speak english, especially in port - "Well, if they want to sell me something, they need to speak English!!"

How dare someone in a foreign country not speak english

Darn foreigners don’t even speak English!

Did I miss anything???

Thanks Astronomer, I needed all of this information:D :eek:

You sound ready to me!!! :D

You know... the really scary part, is at one time or another over the last year, a lot of that stuff was actual advise! Or at least he opinions of some folks. :eek:

But I am just teasing here, most of the advise I have recieved on these boards has been fantastic. :D

I could not let that one be... I would have to say something, ask them why in the world would they come to someone elses country and not learn thier language first. :D

Of course I dont need too, Moondance knows just enough spanish to get me by.

That was exactly what I was going to do, when I finally stopped laughing. But, DH dragged me away first. Oh, well. Maybe those wonderful world travelers will be on your cruise!:p

It was the first one that got me thinking of this, the guy that put a Keg in a crate, then wrapped it like a huge heavy birthday present, and then had a delivery truck deliver it to the cruise line with his booking and cabin number on embarkation day.

He actually ended up with a keg of beer on his balcony.

The expense, and hassle of doing that was just amazing to me.

D*mn Lee, that must have taken you all night! :eek: ;)

Nicely done. :D

Forgot one.

It is best to smuggle your rum in water bottles in your carry on. They never check water bottles with broken seals.

Thanks.. I could not have done with out all of your wonderful input..

Nope.. not all night.. I do love cut and paste..

I'll add it.. Got to make sure my list is accurate LOL:D

What is so crazy about this list is that somewhere in Carnivals history.. Each and every one of these have probably been done, seen or tried..

What is so crazy about this list is that somewhere in Carnivals history.. Each and every one of these have probably been done, seen or tried..

...and then brought back here and whined about when it failed to work out. ;) :D

But I am just teasing here, most of the advise I have recieved on these boards has been fantastic. :D

I agree completely with this.. I wish I would have know about this board before my last cruise.. But now I have found this board.. and my next trip is going to be great..!!

Thanks to everyone, there is a bunch of knowledgable folks hanging around here!!

HEY! YOU THINK IF I PUT MY POLE IN MY CHECK IN LUGGAGE I COULD GET IT ON BOARD. I COULD USE THE ANCHOVIE THAT CAME ON TOP OF MY VEIL CUTLET LAST TIME FOR BAIT:p

I'll bet the Pocket Fisherman from Ronco would fit!

I forgot the best one.. should something unfortunate happen to a fellow passenger on your cruise be sure to immediately contact CNN and Fox News so you can be interviewed for the "Cruises - floating death traps?" segment.

Let me make sure I got this all correct for my UPCOMING trip in '07

The list is:

How to smuggle a keg of beer onto the ship

Which brand of blue jeans is appropriate for the formal dinner

Bring Tiki torches to decorate your balcony

That visiting the F-Deck can make you go blind

To wake up at 5:30 am and place personal items on every single deck chair on the entire ship, then go back to bed until at least 11

To make sure you fly to the ship on the day of the cruise, that lands at 3:30pm

To make sure you book a plane flight for 9am the morning the ship returns to port

To have fun in the ports, and stay late, the ship will wait for you.

To order one of each and every entrée at every meal

That tipping is bribery and to have all tips removed first thing on board

The most important items to pack are a blender, toaster and microwave oven

The fastest way to get better service is to demand to see the captain at every turn

Book a 1A guarantee and fully expect to be upgraded to a suite

Order sandwiches and smuggle them off the ship for lunch in port

Always split 9’s

If the line you are in is not moving fast enough, shove the person in front of you

Box up your entire dinner and bring it to eat in the theater during the show.

Always slam your stateroom door, especially at 3am as they can fail to latch.

If you hear your neighbors coming out to their balcony, peek around the partition to take a look at them.

Treat the overpaid and under worked stall as the galley slaves they are.

If anything goes other than expected, demand to be compensated by another free Cruise.

Always book your cruise based on ports of call, because you are guaranteed to stay on your planned itinerary regardless of the weather.

If I get a late start and don't have time to put my items on every single deck chair, if I immediately go to the pursors desk and DEMAND to speak to the captain's boss, will they give me a free cruise?

Don't forget to add to screaming down the hallways at 3am to make sure your neighbors know you're still awake!

Don't forget the crock pot for nacho cheese while on your upgraded balcony!!

Don't forget a fire pit for your balcony is always a nice touch. Especially for roasting marshmallows.

Don't forget to blame everything on Carnival...it's all their fault. Especially when they make you leave the ship.

Ensure that your children realize the elevators are considered "rides" and are there for their pleasure!

Don't forget to take your fill of all the free books, sunglasses and towels just laying aroung on the deck chairs.

If you don't like what they are serving on the buffet line, don't be wasteful, put it back.

If the ladies did not want to be stared at they would not take thier tops off on the F-deck.

Don't forget to let your 18 month old child play in the hot tub with no diaper.

Another tip is if a person is next to you at a black jack table and takes a hit which would have caused the dealer to bust, send a bill to his cabin for your lost bet.

DOnt forget not to wash your hands, sneeze on the buffet untensils, and buy drinks for all the underage kids, its their vacationtoo.

bring the baby monitor to listen in on your kids while they run amuck, thats GOOD parenting

Begin whining about how bad your cruise is going to be even before you've taken it

if you have a balcony aren't you supposed to bring your fishing pole to do some deep sea fishing?

If you are injured or sick on board, remember that is was Carnival's fault and even if you had to leave the ship or locked in your cabin you deserve a free cruise and a credit back on the one you didn't get to enjoy - even if you didn't have travel insurance.

You paid good money for this cruise, so don’t be afraid to go to the front of the line for everything.

The ladies on the Funnel Deck love to have their pictures taken.

Your kids are welcome to take over the aft Lido pool regardless of what the sign says about adults only.

Bring your Iron so your jeans will be nicely pressed for Formal Night.

When something goes wrong on your Non-Carnival affiliated shore tour, be sure to march straight to the Pursers Desk once back on board and demand a free cruise.

Don’t forget to pick up your free matching set of Carnival Beach Towels, available on the Lido deck chairs on Sea Days between 8 & 11am.

Be sure to send your kids to the Theatre early to save all 12 chairs for your party……even though only 5 plan to attend the show.

Candles greatly enhance the "mood" of your cabin.

Don't forget to got to the morning buffet, and ask for biscuits and gravy.. then raise heck that they don't have it. Or ask for fried chicken at lunch..

Don't forget to get up early in the morning, curse loudly when you stubb your toe because you forgot to leave a light on, and then slam the bathroom door shut because your toe hurts..

Don't forget to pack your 100 quart family sized hard side cooler with all the drinks and beer you could possibly get in it.. and then try to get it thru the carry on scanner..

"It's all Carnivals fault", even including you getting totaly drunk and passing out on a deck chair and getting 2nd degree burns all over your face..

Be sure to constantly nag your significant other throughout the ship, just to let everyone else know how much you really care for them.

Provide a running critique during the shows.

As soon as something goes wrong (and you know it will the first day) be sure to tell everyone else on the cruise how messed up Carnival is.

Tell everyone how much better RCI is. Be sure to begin this while waiting in line to embark.

Shirt and shoes are not to be worn in line for the buffet.

Provide your children with plenty of sugar and caffeine, and make sure they understand they are more special than everyone else, and that they have run of the ship.

Finally, be sure to come back after your cruise, and berate everyone on the board for the bad advice provided.

Those sitting in adjacent deck chairs, and your dinner table mates want to hear all about every little thing that has gone wrong on you cruise so far.

Don’t buy beers for the crewmen in greasy overalls down in the Disco. They get theirs for free from the bartenders.

Make sure your kids know that running laps in the hallways at 2am is a great way to burn of the affects of the sugar and caffeine.

If you don’t feel that you are getting your way, throw yourself to the floor and complain of chest pains.

Sit in the seat next to the dealer and split your tens. It's amazing how fast a group of people will turn red almost simultaneously.

And don't forget, according to a recent Carnival passenger, smoking is now allowed in the dining room.

The only other smoking section on the ship is F-deck and topless is manditory.

Don't forget to stop by Radio Shack and see if they have some of those old 5 watt 23 channel hand held CB radios so you can all stay in touch, make sure to purchase the optional external speaker so you can catch all the important information someone needs to provide you.

Always talk loud for clarity when responding and begin all transmissions with: "breaker, breaker, breaker 19"

Wait until the last possible minute to book your cruise, like an hour before it departs would be good. Because they practically give away cabins for free then.

If anything goes wrong on your cruise, get right on the phone to Bob Dickinson. He's waiting by the phone for just those calls.

Private family discussions are extremely appropriate and encouraged in front of your dining table companions, here is your chance to get advice from a captive (i mean caring) audience that can hear both sides (or only one side as is the case sometimes) - the louder the better, it's hard to hear over all that damn singing your waiter will want to do

Remember that smoking is allowed in the adults hot tubs. And speedo's are required for all men above the age of 18..

Don't forget that thongs are required for men on the Funnel Deck.

If there is a cat 5 hurricane directly in the path of your ship you should expect to go to every port you paid for. If the ship captain takes it upon himself to go and ruin the trip you had planned then Carnival owes you a refund!!!

Please remember that shorts, flip flops and tank tops are always welcome in the main dining room for formal night.. even less on the other nights..

And a pitcher of Coke and Beer will always be available from your waiter upon asking..

Smuggle on enough alcohol so that your underage teens have enough to last the entire cruise.

If you run out of shorts, t-shirts, and jeans for the dining room, the robes that are available in the cabin are perfect attire.

If there are any groups of people that are remotely different than you in any way, they will ruin your vacation. Be sure to complain to Carnival and Cruise Critic very loudly if that happens.

If you get locked out of your cabin, you can climb across everybody's balconies until you get to yours, and you can let yourself back in.

Remember that everyone is invited to the past guest party, even if no one in your entire group has ever traveled with Carnival.

Don't forget to iron your formal outfit 1 hour prior to formal night - everyone else did theirs at home, so no one else will be waiting.

If someone goes overboard, Carnival is reposonsible because someone should be patrolling every square foot of exposed deck and a security officer should be stationed in everyone's private balcony.

Should someone go overboard, Carnival must find the missing party and keep it's scheduled ports with no delays and compensate all guests regardless for emotional trauama... with a free 7 day cruise sounds fair

Get a front row seat in the showroom, so that you can look up the showgirls' skirts when they do the X rated show.

When you are arriving back to your home port, just ask Carnival to illegally re-open the gift store becasue you forgot a souvenier for the lady watching your dogs at home.

To add to your wonderful shorts, tank top and flip flop outfit for Formal night you need to add a ball cap and either black or white tube socks . I can't believe you would go to dinner without your socks.

Complain loudly about anyone who cannot speak english, especially in port - "Well, if they want to sell me something, they need to speak English!!"

How dare someone in a foreign country not speak english

Darn foreigners don’t even speak English!

Did I miss anything???

Thanks Astronomer, I needed all of this information:D :eek:

Lee...the only thing you missed was not moving your stuff for an elderly gentleman with oxygen while waiting to exit the ship and getting in an argument with his son...so you could be escorted off said ship by it's officers and security personnel....(see the thread on chair hogs)

Archived