I'm an idiot.

jstreet0204

I wish I had known about this site several months ago before I booked my cruise. There is a huge amount of useful information on here, and I will be much more prepared the next time. Here is my problem THIS time though. I have never been on a cruise before, so I booked one through one of the big travel websites. I of course was trying to get the best deal I could, and did not really care about the size of the room or the view, as I have also just bought an engagement ring, saving for the wedding etc. Well the pictures they show of the interior state rooms do not show them as having bunk beds, but that is what I ended up with. I did not know this until I filled out my funpass info and saw the stateroom details. Now if i had seen this picture when I was making the reservation I would have gladly paid the extra hundred dollars or so it was for the rooms the next level up. Now the cruise is sold out. They said there is a chance I could get moved to a different room if someone cancels. How likely do you think this is. The ship is the Holiday leaving out of Mobile this Saturday.

Thanks in advance.

if you don't need to use the bunks (i am assuming there are just 2 of you in that room) then the bunks won't be put down and made up, right? ours came out of the wall and never bothered us when it was daytime (we, however, needed our bunks for kids, so they came down at night)

congrats on the upcoming engagement, she'll say yes, right :D

What is your stateroom number? How many are there in your cabin? I think I would check back with them each day to see if they have had a cancellation and if not inquire when you check in at the port. It could happen but being sold out reduces the likelyhood. sorry but....

Worse comes to worse you will still have fun. You probably will not be in your cabin very much except to sleep anyway. Don't stress over it.

Wait until after the Wedding, and I'm sure it won't be long before your new Spouse will be using that term of endearment.

A cruise is great whatever your cabin is like and a Honeymoon is wonderful no matter how you spend it. ( Remember, you may only get to go on a few Honeymoons in your life, so make the best of it. ) One bunk bed can be reserved for sleep and the other for

Seriously, you may get lucky and get an Upgrade. Don't count on it. Instead, in case you get some Wedding cash, take it with you and when you check-in at dockside, inquire immediately about an Upgrade for a fee. If they are available, the price should be reasonable enough to get a cabin where there are twin beds side by side. If you get one of these, immediately call for your room Steward and in many cases the Cabin bed configuration can be changed to a king.

Please let us know how it works out and all the Honeymoon details. Good Luck

I'm not sure if this is just a vacation or your honeymoon but either way you could always think of it this way ... it will be one of those great stories you tell your kids someday. Just a case of live and learn... and laugh. Plenty of things happen that seem like disasters, but when you're an ol' fart like me you'll know it's only "wedding napkins" (an old story we always tell when things went wrong) REMEMBER you make the cruise what it is, so don't let it spoil your trip. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have some luck finding a bigger room. After all miracles happen just ask the guy on the boards last night who actually got into port at 7:30.:)

Happy Cruisin'

I wasn't taking it that it was a honeymoon and wasn't even sure who the trip was for????

After all miracles happen just ask the guy on the boards last night who actually got into port at 7:30.:)

Happy Cruisin'

By the way what happened to that post? Did it go bye bye?

I almost made the same mistake and booked the bunk cabin on the Holiday. My DW saw what I had done and called the CP and had it changed pronto. We were lucky and booked back in January so we had no problem getting a king. Still went cheap on the Riviera but like it was said; we do not plan on being in the cabin that much. ;)

Thanks for the advice guys, this isn't the honeymoon. This is just a trip we had planned before I gave her the ring. The honeymoon won't be until next year sometime. I guess I will try to keep calling to see if anything has opened up. 4 days still left, but I won't let it keep us from having a good time either way.

I'd also like to add, that from reading this board, the overall vibe of it is really nice. Most of the message boards I use are car related, and going from that to this, it is refreshing to see how polite everyone is to each other.

Did you book a category 1? I think those have bunk beds. If you have a category 4 or above the bunks are probably for third and fourth passengers. Giving us the cabing number would help.

If you booked a Cat 1 then I would not expect them to upgrade you, especially if the ship is sold out.

Wait until after the Wedding, and I'm sure it won't be long before your new Spouse will be using that term of endearment.

A cruise is great whatever your cabin is like and a Honeymoon is wonderful no matter how you spend it. ( Remember, you may only get to go on a few Honeymoons in your life, so make the best of it. ) One bunk bed can be reserved for sleep and the other for

Seriously, you may get lucky and get an Upgrade. Don't count on it. Instead, in case you get some Wedding cash, take it with you and when you check-in at dockside, inquire immediately about an Upgrade for a fee. If they are available, the price should be reasonable enough to get a cabin where there are twin beds side by side. If you get one of these, immediately call for your room Steward and in many cases the Cabin bed configuration can be changed to a king.

Re-read the post, he just bought the engagement ring, not even sure if he popped the question yet. I seriousley doubt he is only saving for the wedding for three days because that would mean he is getting married THIS saturday and leaving for the cruise the same day. I thats the case, and I doubt it, he'd better pop that question QUICK!

Here's a thought.. You said you booked through a large travel agent. Maybe the block(s) of cabins they purchased from the ship are sold out but Carnival still has some left. It wouldnt hurt to call Carnival direct and plead your case.

I never knew that Carnival had cabins with just bunk beds. They must be some tiny, tiny cabins. It doesnt sound like there would be enough room to even turn around! :eek:

Your cabin can't be JUST bunk beds huh? Don't you have two twin beds that they can convert to a queen? Or just one twin and the pull out bunk beds?

Can you call Carnival and find out what your cabin Number is? I bet people on this baord could help you further with that info.

Either way, happy sailing!

Have you tried to call Carnival??:confused:

Yeah they three wayed carnival when I called hotwire. I called carnival first, but they said I had to go through hotwire.

Here is the pic of the room they show now.

1a_stateroom_lg.jpg

This is the pic they show on carnivals web site

fa_oceanview.jpg

on this page. http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=HO&deckCode=R

Above the pic it says interior state room, so I assumed they would all be pretty much like this.

Don't worry about your cabin it will be OK. I had a bunk bed cabin for my honeymoon it was fine. After all we were on a cruise plus we already had a child together so it was not a problem. Plus your not in your cabin for long and you will have the rest of your life to sleep in the same bed together. Go and enjoy, don't let your cabin destroy your good time.

Yeah they three wayed carnival when I called hotwire. I called carnival first, but they said I had to go through hotwire.

Here is the pic of the room they show now.

1a_stateroom_lg.jpg

This is the pic they show on carnivals web site

fa_oceanview.jpg

on this page. http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=HO&deckCode=R

Above the pic it says interior state room, so I assumed they would all be pretty much like this.

Wow is all I can say! Who's gonna have the top bunk?

I'm sorry, but I cant believe they even have cabins like this.....

You will have a good time. Just chalk it up to fun and "experience".

Now, I have seen almost everything...:rolleyes:

I am really curious about this. When you booked did you book a 1A?

I went to the site you booked through and pretended to book on the Holiday for a different date so it would have all options available.

It shows a -"1A as Interior Upper/Lower" with a picture of the bunkbeds right by the "select" button. (it clearly states upper/lower)

It shows an "IS" for more money - this should be at least a 4A or better.

SO I am wondering if you did in fact select a 1A (which is the only bunks) or a IS or 4A? So do you remember if it was the cheapest option, which bunks would be, that you selected?

Since you never saw the bunkbed picture and it is very noticeable, I am thinking you might have been given a cabin below what you chose.

Your cabin can't be JUST bunk beds huh? Don't you have two twin beds that they can convert to a queen? Or just one twin and the pull out bunk beds?
OP says he didn't care about the room or the view and was just trying to get the best deal. So it sounds to me like he did indeed book a Category 1A, which is bunk beds (Upper/Lower). If the cruise is sold out, the chances of getting a different room or an upgrade are pretty much nil.

I wouldn't recommend putting the mattresses on the floor, even if there is enough room. Those floors have got to be nasty, even if they supposedly vacuum all the time.

Just make the most of it, squeeze the two of you in the lower bed, etc., and you'll have a good laugh every night.

you said you are in cabin R15? That is an inside cabin (http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=HO&deckCode=R) and the picture you are showing from Carnival's website is one of the oceanview rooms. It looks like this is a Category 1A room.:cool: Sorry it's not like the room you thought you were getting...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Congratulations on your engagement and enjoy your cruise!

ho_interior_sm.jpg

This is the picture of an Holiday inside cabin (cat. 4a, 4b, 4c, and 4d) when you click on "Staterooms," but you are correct about the picture they show for Interior Staterooms when you select the deck plans...go figure. Unfortunately, it's the wrong picture...:confused: I can't be positive about this since I've never been on the Holiday, but I believe the Ocean View picture is wrong also.

Archived