HELP!!! Potential Boarding Problem

plcruiser

My friend and I are going on the Dawn shortly and here is the problem: Her travel agent did not tell her to preregister so she will have to do this at the pier. She is originally from Ireland but has been in the US for 40 years so she is a permanant resident and she has a valid passport. She has different names on different identifications since she was married twice. Her passport has her maiden name. Her license has the last name of her first husband. She is bringing her daughter who has the last name of her second husband.

She has her passport, an expired passport (2 years) for her 11 year old daughter (she is also trying to get an original birth certificate) and a letter from her daughters father giving her permission to take her daughter abroard.

She has gotten all different answers from NCL as to what she needs. Can anyone help??????????????

i would recommend that she brings everything! Whatever each of the people at NCL told her to bring, bring them. If you booked through a travel agent I would check with them also. They might be able to help you more.

Be sure to have your friend print off the form on http://www.ncl.com for her daughter's dad to sign granting permission for her to travel with only one parent.

I would be tempted to have her bring her marriage license showing her name change from her passport if that is what she is using for her proof of citizenship since it is different than the name on her cruise documents. Better safe than sorry!!

My friend and I are going on the Dawn shortly and here is the problem: Her travel agent did not tell her to preregister so she will have to do this at the pier. She is originally from Ireland but has been in the US for 40 years so she is a permanant resident and she has a valid passport. She has different names on different identifications since she was married twice. Her passport has her maiden name. Her license has the last name of her first husband. She is bringing her daughter who has the last name of her second husband.

She has her passport, an expired passport (2 years) for her 11 year old daughter (she is also trying to get an original birth certificate) and a letter from her daughters father giving her permission to take her daughter abroard.

She has gotten all different answers from NCL as to what she needs. Can anyone help??????????????

If she is a permanant resident, then she will use are ARC Card (Green Card). What name is in the ARC Card?

When she registers on the ship to board, they will make a copy of her ARC card and give it back to her, and they will keep her passport.

They will give the passprot back to her the day she disembarks.

I recommend, is to bring a copy of the marriage certificate, driver license, ARC card, and passport.

Also, get the paperwork corrected, get a new driver license or state identification. This only takes a day...:)

Archived