If the Conquest moved back to New Orleans

Kcarp

Yikes I hope not since we booked and paid for our flight for March 07 last week. We chose Gaveston for a reason - we have never been in this area and wanted to see something new before heading out on the cruise.

I don't think you need to sweat it. All this talk about moving is pure speculation because your guess is as good as anyone elses. I've seen talk about Conquest returning to NOLA and staying in Galveston. Freedom to half a dozen ports. Glory to NOLA. Destiny to Mobile, Destiny to Galveston. It's all speculation at this point.

I have been looking at cruises for my family for June or July of '07. They are still showing the Conquest in Galveston. :) It has been my experience (which is not a whole lot), that cruise companies usually announce ahead of time when they are moving their ships around. Most cruise lines have their cruises set all the way to spring of '08. Why would they want to book a whole bunch of cruises and then have to go back and contact all of the passengers to see if they want to drive or fly to NO or reschedule on another ship out of Galveston. I would really be disappointed if I chose the Conquest instead of the Rhapsody for the summer of '07 (because I would strictly be picking the Conquest over the Rhapsody for the different ship experience) and paid anywhere from $700 - $1,000 more for the trip and they reposition the ship right after April of '07--especially if they KNEW that was what they were going to do. I think that would leave a bad taste in my mouth and it would probably take me a long time before I would book with Carnival again. To me that is not good business. I understand that sometimes they need to reposition a ship under certain circumstances after they have already announced their ship ports a head of time, because of Hurricanes or other unforseen circumstances. IMO if they were going to move the Conquest back to NO they would probably wait until the spring of '08 and advertise the move way before it happens.

I hope they give NO and Galveston newer ships than the Conquest, then both cities WIN!!!!!!:D

I don't think you need to sweat it. All this talk about moving is pure speculation because your guess is as good as anyone elses. I've seen talk about Conquest returning to NOLA and staying in Galveston. Freedom to half a dozen ports. Glory to NOLA. Destiny to Mobile, Destiny to Galveston. It's all speculation at this point.

Even I wouldn't sweat it. Carnival isn't going to leave lots of people high and dry. It has been a while since they have played musical ships, but there is usually a long lead time when they do so.

But everybody knows Conquest, Destiny, AND Freedom are New Orleans bound. :D

Even I wouldn't sweat it. Carnival isn't going to leave lots of people high and dry. It has been a while since they have played musical ships, but there is usually a long lead time when they do so.

But everybody knows Conquest, Destiny, AND Freedom are New Orleans bound. :D

That all sounds good, but I was just looking and the Destiny in listed to be doing Southern Carb. till sometime in 08. I wish they would do alittle musical chairs...

Archived