Aqua Boats?

libertybelle41

I'd like to hear what you have to say about them. We're going back in January and I think my kids would like to do this.

These boats went pretty fast...they zipped across the water. They'd go back and forth all the way up and down the entire length of 7MB. They were out in the same area that the waverunners were. My kids commented on them when they came back in with their waverunners.

• 3 weeks later...

Aqua Boats (7/5/06)

This excursion started out very fun. There were 10 boats, two ppl per boat, two staff members on the excursion. Before we got started my sons boat had a hole in it so after switching boats we were off. First snorkeling stop was good and man is it hard to climb back on that boat:eek: . On the way to the second snorkeling stop we (husb and I) were doing good until the boat turned abruptly and threw me off the boat barely missing the motor. Turns out the steering linkage was rusted and competely broke off (My husb is a certified mechanic w/26yr experience)so he knew exactly what happened once he saw it. When the staff member came to ck on us he tried to put it back together w/a plastic tie, when that didn't work (duh!) he gave us his boat leaving him w/a broken boat. At this point we had no idea where the rest of the excursion went so we were just going to find our way back to the "home base", but the other staff member finally came by to check on us and led us to the others, leaving them alone. My main concern with this excursion is the lack of maintenance and staffing (only two ppl and NO way to keep in touch w/each other...no phones, radios etc...) Three other boats had difficultly keeping their motors running so we were all often seperated while the staff member worked on these engines.

My advise is just be very careful when doing this excursion. If they would just put some $$ into their boats this excursion would be great.

Archived