2007-08 Caribbean Fall 07 - Spring 08 itineraries L@@K here!

Commodore Suzy

Ethel - Just to clarify - I did not ask Suzy for any pricing! I just wanted to know where she got the info from as Princess told me they didn't have any info on the Emerald's itinerary after she arrives in FL. I did not know Suzy was a ta.

Suzy - I was told by Princess (and it is open for booking) that the Golden Princess will be out of San Francisco, not LA. You can go on a 7 day from Acapulco to SF on April 5, 2007, then she will be doing a 10 day Mexican Riviera out of SF on April 12 and April 22, 2007. Then she will be doing the Alaska run out of Seattle starting May 5, 2007. According to Princess, there is no Coastal cruise from SF to SEA - it will be sailing with crew only.

I believe that you also said that the Crown will not be doing the Southern Caribbean until October of 2007. That is not true as we are booked on her for a back to back in April of 2007 out of San Juan.

I will be sure to call Princess in July to see about the Emerald. Thanks for the tips.

Canuck

I'm going to make a post about Coral and Island cabins changing CATEGORIES effective with the fall 2007/08 sailings. Please look for that post.

Very interesting changes and now a chance to think about and plan for them.... The Emerald looks interesting....;)

Thanks Suzy, Sorry, I thought I read that 10/13 was the end of the Crown's Canada run, not the last one...probably just wishful thinking on my part, since I am so obsessed w/ finding the perfect honeymoon cruise that week! Thanks again for all your info!!!!!

Hi Suzy

It looks like you really have the inside scoop. I am looking forward to booking a Spring 2008 Hawaii trip for my 10th anniv. but am not sure when they will be opening bookings for those cruises on the Island. Would you happen to have this information? I would be greatly appriciated. Thank you for your help.

Sheryl

Hi Suzy

It looks like you really have the inside scoop. I am looking forward to booking a Spring 2008 Hawaii trip for my 10th anniv. but am not sure when they will be opening bookings for those cruises on the Island. Would you happen to have this information? I would be greatly appriciated. Thank you for your help.

Sheryl

It's the Diamond doing 15-night RT LA from fall 07 - spring 08, and they opened last week. Check for my "exotics" deployment post...or just call Princess since they're open now.

And, yes, inside scoop I guess. It's my combination of being an obsessed cruiser, such as all my friends here on the boards are, and a TA (so, an obsessed cruiser, with connections). :D This time of year I'm constantly raggin on my sales rep to get those itineraries from her ASAP when they hit her in-box.

tbag.. no problem! Maybe you should consider the RT LA Hawaii for your honeymoon next October? All those sea days... great for a honeymoon! ;) I just booked someone else for a honeymoon on the first one in 9/07.

Suzy

Thank you for the info on the Hawaii '08 sailings. I have to admit that I am disappointed that these cruises will not be on the Island. I have been looking forward to this for months already choosing what cabins we would like and also browsing the cruise book learning all about the ship. My husband and I were on the Coral 3 years ago and we loved it. It is a great ship. Now I don't know much about the Diamond and there is not much on the boards about it right now. Why do you think they changed to the Diamond? Because it is a larger ship? Where will the Island be? I guess I am going to have to get used to the idea of the Diamond. Thank you again for your help.

Sheryl

Suzy,

I just found your post about where the Island will be for Sping '08. I know that the Coral and Island are some of the only ships that can go through the locks but I have to say that I am still disappointed about now having to go on the Diamond. Have you sailed her? If so how is this ship? Thank you again.

Sheryl

Sheryl,

I am not Susie, but will give you my thoughts on the Diamond. We have cruised on many of the Princess ship (elite Captain Circle members) and the Diamond is our favorite ship. The layout is great -- we didn't have a single complaint. I don't think you would be disappointed if you booked on this ship. :)

Gloria

Suzy, thanks so much. I'm thrilled that Princess finally read my comments card about doing the 10 Caribbean sailing with something other than the Sun class ships. :) :) :)

Yes, we'd love to do a 10 day out of FLL, but with two smaller kids, we want a minisuite, and the sun class ships don't seem to have any QUAD mini's. Only balcony mini's and we want the bathtub and the bigger room. With the bigger ship, we'll at least have cabin availability and get to do a longer cruise!!!!!! One day when the kids get bigger and its only the two of us travelling, we'll then enjoy the Sun class ships!!!

Yeah!!

Sheryl.... I agree. The Diamond is my favorite ship so far. I really love some of the layout features of it. I've sailed her twice up to this point, have my family booked on our family reunion cruise this fall, and will likely sail her coastal NEXT fall as I have a client planning to get married on her coastal then and I'd love to visit her again (and attend a wedding on a ship that isn't my own this time) :).

toddler... I agree that just in general it's good for them to change things up a bit. There are some Sun class lovers that are disappointed, yet others who are excited that they'll get to go on the ship they love to new places. And I totally agree that for families having a mini is a GREAT thing. The Sun and Dawn are really built for double-occupancy sailing.

Sailing a new ship (to me) is always a fun thing, so if you're someone who keeps going over and over from a particular port becuase you live nearby or something, the fact that they change the ships out makes life more interesting! Since I live on the West Coast, I tend to go over and over on the same Princess ships that are out this way. When they change it up, it gives me something new to see!

Cheers!

Star has already been announced. She is doing South America - Cape Horn and Antarctica in the fall 07-spring 08. Please see my Exotics post. Those opened this Monday.

Sorry, you had the Island listed doing these itineraries on the original post.

Sailing a new ship (to me) is always a fun thing, so if you're someone who keeps going over and over from a particular port becuase you live nearby or something, the fact that they change the ships out makes life more interesting! Since I live on the West Coast, I tend to go over and over on the same Princess ships that are out this way. When they change it up, it gives me something new to see!

Cheers!

I agree...we live about an hour and a half away from ft lauderdale, so I couldn't agree more...I love the fact that the emerald will be doing a ten day sailing. I am so excited.

Suzy,

I was told by Princess last week that the Star Princess will sail from Rome to Galveston on December 3 for a 19 day voyage and will then be sailing out of Galveston.This seems to conflict with your info. Hopefully the info they gave me will prove to be correct.

Dijo

I sincerely hope that you lovely American cruisers are not put off sailing on the SP because the FL embarkation in no longer available.

We thoroughly enjoyed the super mix of peoples from our two countries aboard her last November. The atmosphere aboard was cosmopolitan, urbane and interesting, but above all very friendly. In our 20+ cruises I cant remember a happier ship

Regards

Ray

Suzy,

I was told by Princess last week that the Star Princess will sail from Rome to Galveston on December 3 for a 19 day voyage and will then be sailing out of Galveston.This seems to conflict with your info. Hopefully the info they gave me will prove to be correct.

Dijo

PCL web site shows Star Princess on a Dec 3rd Rome to FLL 17 night...not to Galveston. Why no Princess in Galveston or New Orleans in 07-08?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Northender! How's things with you? I guess we will see next Monday what there is going on for 2008 .i would have loved to catch the Crown out of NY for spring, but I don't think it will be back in Ny until May? I can only get DH to sail in April so we don't get caught in Hurricane season. Maybe if it is early enough in May,??? Otherwise, I am looking at the Caribbean Princess for an Eastern itinerary.Either way, I am glad they are opening up bookings a litlle earlier.:)

Things are fine. And I hope all is well with you.

Our 2007 cruise is The Grand out of Galveston and I was hoping the Crown would still be in NY for 2008 around that time.

I am like your DH, like to sail mid-March to very early April. Not because of hurricanes, but after the first part of April, the Carib get soooooo hot.:eek:

Well, today is the 12th, so we only have a few more days to wait:D

Adele

Archived