2007-08 Caribbean Fall 07 - Spring 08 itineraries L@@K here!

Commodore Suzy

Hi Adele! Glad to hear things are going well for you! I think I only see the Crown back in NY after it's last voyage on 5/3/08 from San Juan. Kingtns, I am sure that will be the same for next summers schedule also.From October to May in San Juan, May thru October out of NY. Jax:) I would be willing to sail the first week or so in May, but not after that! It might be the Caribbean Princess on an Eastern route for April 2008! Adele, have you done that route, and how did you like it? Jax

Hi Adele! Glad to hear things are going well for you! I think I only see the Crown back in NY after it's last voyage on 5/3/08 from San Juan. Kingtns, I am sure that will be the same for next summers schedule also.From October to May in San Juan, May thru October out of NY. Jax:) I would be willing to sail the first week or so in May, but not after that! It might be the Caribbean Princess on an Eastern route for April 2008! Adele, have you done that route, and how did you like it? Jax

I have been all over the Carib, not sure what the Itin is, so let me know.

Have not done the CB yet tho.....

Have a great weekend:)

Hi Adele, The Caribbean Princess leaves Ft. Lauderdale,has 2 sea days, which is nice, then stops at St. Thomas, St. Maarten, another Sea day, then Princess Cay, Then back again. Looks relaxing compared to The Western route. Anything you would recommend if you've been there? You also have a great week-end! Jax:)

These ports were part of our first cruise on The Grand. :)

As soon as we get to St. Thomas, we get off the ship, take a cab and go to St. John for the day. Very easy to do, it is not any cheaper than an excursion from Princess, but the time is all your own. Beautiful Island. When you make your plans, let me know and I will let you know how we go about it.;)

St. Martin - we spend 10 days here every year. Depends on what you want to do. Sightsee, shop, see lowflying airplanes, beaches (c/o or not):D . I will check the excursions for you if you would like when you get close or you can just take a cab to town and shop for some nice bling, bling.:)

Princess Cays is a nice day. We usually go over around 10:30, find a nice spot and read, swim, etc. They have a nice bbq for lunch and then up to you if you want to go back to the ship. This is a tender to this port. The water is a little cooler than the rest of the ports, but you are heading back home. I believe this is one of the Eluthera Islands.

A

Hi all,

Just wondering, will these be "open for booking" today only by phone or thru a TA because I don't see any of these on princess.com yet (July 17, 10:45 am EST)?

I've never looked before on the first day something has been open for booking, so I'm not sure how this all works, but I'd sure like to book something....:D

Thanks!

Hi all,

Just wondering, will these be "open for booking" today only by phone or thru a TA because I don't see any of these on princess.com yet (July 17, 10:45 am EST)?

I've never looked before on the first day something has been open for booking, so I'm not sure how this all works, but I'd sure like to book something....:D

Thanks!

I'm going to be calling Princess in a little while, to see if the schedule finally opened. I'll then ask for their prices. After, I'll call my TA & book.

Minette

My TA just emailed me saying the Caribbean cruise we wanted to do for Dec. 2007, is already sold out, in the first 2 minutes since the schedule opened.

I am totally upset, as we had a group of friends who wanted to go on this cruise. I don't know what we will do now.

Minette

My TA just emailed me saying the Caribbean cruise we wanted to do for Dec. 2007, is already sold out, in the first 2 minutes since the schedule opened.

I am totally upset, as we had a group of friends who wanted to go on this cruise. I don't know what we will do now.

Minette

Hard to believe!! :eek: What ship and what Itinerary???

On the day sailings open you must CALL Princess, or contact a TA. The website gets updated WAAAAYYYY after opening.

Minette... your TA is a dingleberry. Here is a status report:

The Crown, Emerald, Caribbean and Coral opened already. Go forth and book.

The Royal, Sea and Grand they must be having issues with still, as we can't yet request groups and the sailings show in the system but show as totally waitlisted. This is a common thing in the Princess system. If they're doing some kind of maintenance on a sailing, they'll show the whole sailing as waitlisted. Since I've been checking all morning looking to build my groups, I know the answer in this case is just that the sailing isn't open yet.

Obviously, if you were looking at a sailing that had been open for a while and it was showing all waitlisted, it probably IS all sold out. No way on the ones opening today. Can't believe your TA freaked you out about that. (Pardon the pun.) :D

I'll report back later if I have time after I see the other sailings opened.

Cheers!

On the day sailings open you must CALL Princess, or contact a TA. The website gets updated WAAAAYYYY after opening.

Minette... your TA is a dingleberry. Here is a status report:

The Crown, Emerald, Caribbean and Coral opened already. Go forth and book.

The Royal, Sea and Grand they must be having issues with still, as we can't yet request groups and the sailings show in the system but show as totally waitlisted. This is a common thing in the Princess system. If they're doing some kind of maintenance on a sailing, they'll show the whole sailing as waitlisted. Since I've been checking all morning looking to build my groups, I know the answer in this case is just that the sailing isn't open yet.

Obviously, if you were looking at a sailing that had been open for a while and it was showing all waitlisted, it probably IS all sold out. No way on the ones opening today. Can't believe your TA freaked you out about that. (Pardon the pun.) :D

I'll report back later if I have time after I see the other sailings opened.

Cheers!

Thanks so much Suzy.

My TA was looking into booking us on the Royal 12/22 cruise & couldn't, saying that it was all waitlisted & sold out, within 2 minutes of opening. She's mad & so was I.

I'm glad you cleared everything up for me. So does this mean, we will eventually be able to book this cruise soon???

Thanks so much for your help!

Minette

Does anyone have any info for February 2008 to the Caribbean? We need to sail out of Florida as we have other commitments post cruise there. I don't see anything on their website yet....are we too early?? Thanks

Ok, everybody - first, a big thanks to Suzy! I called Princess and was told to check back in a couple of months as their site showed nothing in the Caribbean for November 2007. I called my trusty TA, who immediately called P, and sure enough, she's booking us right now! I know it's probably kind of early, but I want what I want when I want it! ;)

Actually, it is my husband's 50th birthday next year and this is a surprise for him - he's never been to the Caribbean! Yeah for us!! I hope y'all get what you want also.......:)

Does anyone have any info for February 2008 to the Caribbean? We need to sail out of Florida as we have other commitments post cruise there. I don't see anything on their website yet....are we too early?? Thanks

If you look at the very first post in this thread, on page 1, you'll see the Fall 2007 to Spring 2008 Car. schedule courtesy of Suzy. The Caribbean Princess & Emerald Princess & Grand Princess will be sailing out of FLL in Feb.

Ok, everybody - first, a big thanks to Suzy! I called Princess and was told to check back in a couple of months as their site showed nothing in the Caribbean for November 2007. I called my trusty TA, who immediately called P, and sure enough, she's booking us right now! I know it's probably kind of early, but I want what I want when I want it! ;)

I agree !! I know what I want too.... I just called Princess also, and they told me the same thing - they don't have these dates open to sell at all yet, and have no idea when they'll be open. Time to call my TA too!!

Hi Suzy...great wealth of info...question? Do you only post itineraries on Princess cruises...I know this is a Princess site but curious since I'm not sold on only 1 line but look for the best ships out of NJ, NY, Balt. or Philly!

Thanks...Susan

Update at 3:50pm Pacific -

Grand is now fully open, including groups.

Sea is now open to individual bookings, but no groups. The UK P&O folks took most of the group space. Princess is trying to decide if US agents will get to book group blocks or only do individual bookings.

Royal is supposedly going to open "within the hour", but it's not yet. Tell your TA to keep checking!

Susan - Yes, I only post itineraries of Princess. They're the only one that really does the whole opening procedure this way. They give us TAs a press announcement with lots of details of what's coming and when it's opening a few weeks or more before an actual "opening day".

Other lines just one day open, without any kind of neat and organized list of their sailings. Royal and Celebrity do a press announcement that is all, shall way say, paragraphs of info that is fluff and puff and it's hard to decipher the DETAILS. I'd have to just do hunt and peck search around on their site for TAs to find sailings, just as you would, until I get my hands on a brochure. Frustrating as all get out!

Princess' details are easy to read lists of sailings, showing all ports visited, the dates, the ships, etc. It's very easy for me to pass on the info to others on the board here.

Cheers! And You're Welcome! :D

Update at 3:50pm Pacific -

Grand is now fully open, including groups.

Sea is now open to individual bookings, but no groups. The UK P&O folks took most of the group space. Princess is trying to decide if US agents will get to book group blocks or only do individual bookings.

Royal is supposedly going to open "within the hour", but it's not yet. Tell your TA to keep checking!

Susan - Yes, I only post itineraries of Princess. They're the only one that really does the whole opening procedure this way. They give us TAs a press announcement with lots of details of what's coming and when it's opening a few weeks or more before an actual "opening day".

Other lines just one day open, without any kind of neat and organized list of their sailings. Royal and Celebrity do a press announcement that is all, shall way say, paragraphs of info that is fluff and puff and it's hard to decipher the DETAILS. I'd have to just do hunt and peck search around on their site for TAs to find sailings, just as you would, until I get my hands on a brochure. Frustrating as all get out!

Princess' details are easy to read lists of sailings, showing all ports visited, the dates, the ships, etc. It's very easy for me to pass on the info to others on the board here.

Cheers! And You're Welcome! :D

:):):):)

Thanks so much Suzy for the update!!!! :D

I'll be in touch with my TA tomorrow, & hopefully she will be able book the Royal for us by then.

Minette

Hi, Minette!

We were on the Sea with you in December. We also are trying to get on the Royal on 12-22-07. Our agent was told this afternoon that it wasn't on sale yet. I'm emailing her to call first thing tomorrow. Hope to see you onboard! My thanks to Suzy also!

Carol

Hi, Minette!

We were on the Sea with you in December. We also are trying to get on the Royal on 12-22-07. Our agent was told this afternoon that it wasn't on sale yet. I'm emailing her to call first thing tomorrow. Hope to see you onboard! My thanks to Suzy also!

Carol

Carol

We were booked by 7:30AM today. I'm soooo excited about this cruise.

Now I'll just have to start an early Roll Call.

Thanks again Suzy!!! You're the Best!!!!:D

Minette

You're welcome.

And my report today is that the Royal is open for both individual bookings and groups.

But the Sea Princess is only open for individual bookings and NO groups for US agents right now. Don't expect TAs to be offering things like shipboard credits, wine, photo vouchers, etc. on the Sea Princess sailings.

Now that they're all open. There is nothing further to report so I'll sign off. I need to go check on the Mexico deployment announcement as that's my last one of the season. :)

Cheers! And happy sailing everyone!

Carol

We were booked by 7:30AM today. I'm soooo excited about this cruise.

Now I'll just have to start an early Roll Call.

Thanks again Suzy!!! You're the Best!!!!:D

Minette

Minette,

We are also booked - cabin 6090, aft balcony on deck 6. It will be our first experience in the back. I thought it would be nice to have the extra balcony space.

I'm glad that Princess is providing us with a nice long holiday cruise, on a lovely small ship with a lot of unusual ports and enough sea days to give us time to relax, WITHOUT HAVING TO FLY TO ANOTHER CONTINENT!!!

I'll keep an eye out for your roll call.

Regards, Carol

Archived