Another Elation Review

verab

Cruisereddy,

I am a friend of Vera's and just wanted to let you know that she has been out of town for the past 4 days. I will be sure and tell her to check this thread when I talk to her!!

We are leaving on 7/11 on the Elation and would like to know the price of the excursions booked thru the ship. We are going Extreme Cave tubing in Belize but have not decided on what to do in Cozumel or Progesso. Any suggestions would be great.

Lisa

Lisanottina, We were on the Elation last week. In Progreso, we caught the shuttle into town, walked around town, went to the beach and drank cheap beer. Some folks we talked to enjoyed the Chichen-Itza and Merida city tours. Progeso is not an awful place, but is sorely lacking as a cruise destination port. I’d suggest saving your money for Belize and Cozumel excursions.

Cruisereddy,

I did get your email (and several others). I am out of town until the weekend. I plan to email those to everyone sometime next week. Hope this helps.

Lisanottina,

I suggest Paradise Beach in Cozumel if you are looking for a great beach. Check the boards under Cozumel and you will get all the info you are looking for.

Vera

We are leaving on 7/11 on the Elation and would like to know the price of the excursions booked thru the ship. We are going Extreme Cave tubing in Belize but have not decided on what to do in Cozumel or Progesso. Any suggestions would be great.

What excursions were you interested in? I have all the prices from my cruise in May.

We are on the 7/11 Elation also, would love to see prices for excursions on the ship also. Haven't decided anything except prob Chankanaab and Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Would really like advice on Belize, don't want to miss the boat there!! Don't want to cave tube or see ruins, so what's left? HELP!

Thanks

Layditx,

We were on the Elation from 6/6-6/13, and While I cannot provide the pricing as I type this (at work, and all our cruise stuff is at home), there were plenty of other things to do in Progresso and Belize besides cave tubing and ruins - several of our dinnermates did the jeep and ATV tours in both Progresso and Belize, and all said they had a great time (apparently, however, the ATV tour will get you VERY dirty!) I never saw the ATVs in Belize (since we stayed on boats for snorkeling, etc.), but we did see all the jeeps in Progresso, and all of them looked to be kept in very good condition (or were brand new), so take that for what you will. We had considered doing the Jeep excursion in Progresso, but opted for ruins instead, but If memory serves, the Jeep tour was about 100-120 per person. When I get home tonight, I'll get out our "Capers" and Excursion stuff and post the prices.

Hope this helps,

-Chris

Lisanottina,

Here are your prices for the ruins offered in Progresso. There are quite a few.

Chichen-itza $77/per

Dzibilchaltun $51/per or with rodeo $79 adult and $66 kids

Uxmal $71/per

We had some friends do the Jeep Expedition and they loved it the price for that is $79/per

Ladyitx,

We did snorkeling in Belize it is suppose to be some of the best in the world, however I have seen better. I have prices if you want anything specific.

It sounds as though you had a great time! We are cruising on Aug. 6th. I would really like to know the price of these excursions.

Progresso-Chichen Itza Mayan Ruins

Cozumel-Jungle ATV Adventure

Hideaway Power Boat

Belize- Cave Tubing & Rainforest

Thanks so much!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone. Anyone going on the 9/19-9/26 Elation cruise? Myself and my DH are going. A family friend is going also and rooming by himself. I am so excited and counting down. It is great to hear all the wonderful things people have to say about the boat.

• 3 weeks later...
OldVato,
Trying to find everyone since the change on the boards. Getting geared up to get the party going in the Fall.
Please e-mail me at

[email]LRH@satx.rr.com[/email]

I am asking everyone to send me their e-mail addresses. This helps me soooo much!

Thanks in advance,
Lois

Archived