Upgraded to Diamond.... only 9 cruise credits

Hey evreyone

well I logged into the RCCL website today and it said we were Diamond! This is great but we only have 9 cruise credits (even though it says we have ten) I even checked the completed cruise page and counted 9. I do have a deposit on a cruise for 2007 but that wouldent be included, would it? I mean I guess its not a bad thing but was just wondering

Was one of your cruises in a junior suite or for 14+ days, I think for those two reasons they may be correct in having you at diamond. I think you get two credits for each cruise in a junior suite or above and also two credits for a 14+ day cruise. I am sure if I am wrong someone on here can help us out though.

Thats what I thought at first but I factored in the suite credits (starting in 2004) and thats how i got 9.

I have sailed....

Voyager..... 1 credit

Explorer..... 1 credit

Navigator.... 1 credit

Mariner..... 2 credit (suite)

Adventure.... 2 credit (suite)

Freedom.... 2 credit (suite)

hmmm....

Have you looked at your cruise history on RCCL's website to see if they are giving you an extra credit somewhere? I was given an extra credit for my 2nd cruise - wasn't in a JS or higher and wasn't a 12 night sailing or longer.

Thats what I thought at first but I factored in the suite credits (starting in 2004) and thats how i got 9.

I have sailed....

Voyager..... 1 credit

Explorer..... 1 credit

Navigator.... 1 credit

Mariner..... 2 credit (suite)

Adventure.... 2 credit (suite)

Freedom.... 2 credit (suite)

hmmm....

Thank the upgrade fairy :D .

Have you looked at your cruise history on RCCL's website to see if they are giving you an extra credit somewhere? I was given an extra credit for my 2nd cruise - wasn't in a JS or higher and wasn't a 12 night sailing or longer.

Same thing happened to us. They gave us an extra credit on an 11 night cruise a couple years ago. When we were on the Rhapsody earlier this year, that was our 9th cruise according to my calculations but the cruise booker on the ship (senior moment... I can't remember her official title) on the Rhapsody said it was our 10th and that our next cruise would be a Diamond cruise. We immediately booked another cruise on the Navigator and got to enjoy all the Diamond perks. Life is good.

Tim

I'm at Diamond...

I'm really not sure why, but I don't care...

I'd actually be at Diamond anyway through the reciprocity with Celebrity Captains Club where I am "Elite"...

But, my number of credits on RCCL has never added up (of course, I don't really remember all my cruises)...

All I know is they say I've got 10 credits (and it said that prior to my March cruise--but it hasn't moved up to 11 after that cruise!)...But the list of cruises they show under history only shows FOUR!!! But, then again, they're not all there...I think the history only goes back so far...So my early RCCL cruises don't show...

Also there's been some discussion about them counting cruises when you were younger and went with your parents...Or where you've booked and paid for two cabins in order to take along your kids...

Whatever it is, my theory is to NOT COMPLAIN unless they're shorting you...If you count 9 and they say 10, great...

Like I say, I count less than 10, but, does it matter? I'd be Diamond through the Celebrity reciprocity anyway...

i'm listed as having 9 cruise credits when I've only cruised 8 times. My parents, on the other hand, have only 8 credits, even though we've always cruised together. Some of us just get luckier than others I guess.

Archived