Pacific Sun N626

mystte

Hi there guys:)

You do such a magnificent job getting everyone enthusiastic!

I have been watching this board over the past few weeeks after wading through some of the American sites first - this is sooooo much better, And I really love hearing about your opinions and adventures on board. it starts to make this whole thing more and more realistic:)

My partner and I are booked onto the Sun for the 30th August and are getting quite excited and I am amazed at how I want to start packing for it every time someone comes up with an idea. I think "I should get that out now" but am holding myself back just a little otherwise this will really take over my life...

I have put out a roll call so will be interesting to see if anyone answers (I have never ever posted on a board before). We are on the Empress deck, I just kept upgrading as it was only such a small amount of money - did I do the right thing?. We took 2nd sitting hopefully for a table of 10 so we can mingle more as it is our 1st cruise as adults (Ross went on a cruise to the states as a child)

Also heard they teach dancing on board, anyone taken lessons? What do they actually teach? I just love to dance.

How much cash will we actually need as I understand you can pay for things on the island with cash etc. Also on board - our main vice will be the alcohol but we can pay that with a credit card via cruise card.

So many questions even though I am avidly looking through past threads.

Once again a BIG THANKYOU to you all :)

cruise.png.df474a2b00bb477c988ca601b9f9d560.png

Welcome to the boards mystte. It will certainly help pass the time away by reading these. And adds to the excitement. I agree, this board is definately better than the American ones. We are much friendlier here. You will have a wonderful time on your cruise and we'll all be waiting for you to share your experience when you get back. Empress deck will be just fine for you & as long as you're ok with eearing at 8.15, 2nd sitting will also be ok. We origanlly picked 2nd for our cruise but changed it after the 1st night only because it was better for our teenage son. We have requested 1st sitting next time, again because it is better with teenagers.

Karen

Thanks Karen, nice to hear from you - kind of like a TV show where you get to watch the characters evolve but never have any interaction with them until now - I feel kind of honoured:)

Yes well we have become quite late diners and I doubt very much if I could get ready in time for the earlier sitting. I just hope the other doesnt intefer too much with shows etc as wouldn't want to miss something if it was really good. I suppose we might go to one of the other eateries one night if we wanted to dine earlier. Your thoughts...

Don't worry mystte, you won't miss the shows because of late sitting. There are 2 shows every night, one for each sitting. The best thing about 2nd sitting is that you don't have to rush & get ready for dinner before sailaway on port days. If we didn't have a teenager we would have kept 2nd sitting. We're also used to eating late. The teens have their disco/ meet & mingle from 8-10pm, that's why we changed.

Karen

Hi there guys:)

Also heard they teach dancing on board, anyone taken lessons? What do they actually teach? I just love to dance.

They taught Rock and Roll and Line Dancing on our cruise but it probably changes from cruise to cruise. Not sure.

Thanks Howsthis

I heard about them but also thought there was ballroom

Did you try any?:)

Luci

I enjoyed watching others but I was on my own, daughters were elsewhere, but if someone else had urged me to have a go I would have. Hubby coming next time so will at least have a partner then.

Archived