kids club and arcade on spirit

Blossum

Does anyone know if the kids club has a place for kids to see movies? I know the large movie theatre was replaced with a gift shop, however, the brouchere seems to suggest there is a kids cinema in kids club.

Also, are any of the arcade games in the arcade free?

What types of activities do they do...and do you have to pay for any of them?

thanks,

I just returned from the Spirit on 6/17.

There is a movie theatre in the kids club, but I didn't see any schedule.

I'm not sure what they play.

The arcade games were not free, There were change machines in the arcade.

I have a 4 year old daughter who loved to go to Kids Crew, It was for about 3 hour periods, seperated by a 2 hour break.

There were no fees to go to there, and she did arts and crafts, played in the jungle gym maze area, (which was really nice :) )A pajama party,

There was even a Cokies with the Captain hour and the kids got to meet the captain.

The counselers were very friendly.

I also have a 9 month old who was allowed in with me for about 30 minutes twice a day, when the place was empty to crawl around and stretch her legs.

The kids were seperated by age groups 2-5, 6-9, (I don't remember the others :confused: )

When we got on the ship we went directly to deck 10 Aft to the Kids Crew and signed her up, we also purchased her soda bracelet which I think was $14.00. Older kids were more expensive, and had different packages.

Hope this helped.

btw, my 4 year old daughter got Salmonella poisining the last day of the cruise and is still sick now.:( Make sure you watch the food and CLEAN your hands often.

Just back from Spirit and my 8 year old loved the kids club and the arcade! He said that they watched movies on a projector type movie screen in the kids club.

Also, we were in the arcade every night! They were open till midnight. It is a decent arcade. My kids were able to find games that they liked and I was able to find a couple that I could actually play ( I am of the Galaga/ pacman era) The prices ranged fro $.50 to $1.00. Typical for arcade.

Hope this helps

More input on the arcade. It is HUGE!

Also, watch for a time period (ours was on the first day) when arcade play is free for all of the games. It was posted in our Freestlye Daily.

Here is an example of a Kid's Crew Schedule, so that you can get an idea of the types of things that they do.

http://cruiseclues.info/images/NCLSpiritKidsCrew7Day.pdf

They have a room with a large screen and bean-bag chairs for the kids to kick back and watch a show, in the Kids Crew area.

My eight year old daughter also loved the kids crew and said they watched spy kids 3 and kicking and screaming with a projector type movie that showed on a white screem.. the arcade was great but ran in to money when she was there for more than 15minutes or so.. re: the salmonella are you sure that is what she had?? I know we have all been sick with a stomach flu.. and my daughter is still not feeling right has headaches etc even though we've been home since saturday...

re: the salmonella are you sure that is what she had?? I know we have all been sick with a stomach flu.. and my daughter is still not feeling right has headaches etc even though we've been home since saturday...

Yes, We were to the doctor a few times for tests, and to give samples.

They diagnosed her with salmonella. My wife called NCL to report the incident and we werent the only ones.

Jean,

I'm sure you read on the reviews...we also had the same symptoms. Just a heads up...I took my 3yr old to the doctor's to check his ears...turns out the cultured his throat...strep...but it is hardly red and he wasn't complaining about it. If you daughter doesn't feel better...see if she may have some underlying strep infection. My son also had the stomach aches and diarrea.

How is everyone doing today???

Jean,

I'm sure you read on the reviews...we also had the same symptoms. Just a heads up...I took my 3yr old to the doctor's to check his ears...turns out the cultured his throat...strep...but it is hardly red and he wasn't complaining about it. If you daughter doesn't feel better...see if she may have some underlying strep infection. My son also had the stomach aches and diarrea.

How is everyone doing today???

Yes, We were to the doctor a few times for tests, and to give samples.

They diagnosed her with salmonella. My wife called NCL to report the incident and we werent the only ones.

Thanks for the info

Great so let see who was onboard June 11th ROLL CALL:

Norwalk Virus

Salmonella

Strep

We had all the celebrities!

I just returned from the Spirit on 6/17.

There is a movie theatre in the kids club, but I didn't see any schedule.

I'm not sure what they play.

The arcade games were not free, There were change machines in the arcade.

I have a 4 year old daughter who loved to go to Kids Crew, It was for about 3 hour periods, seperated by a 2 hour break.

There were no fees to go to there, and she did arts and crafts, played in the jungle gym maze area, (which was really nice :) )A pajama party,

There was even a Cokies with the Captain hour and the kids got to meet the captain.

The counselers were very friendly.

I also have a 9 month old who was allowed in with me for about 30 minutes twice a day, when the place was empty to crawl around and stretch her legs.

The kids were seperated by age groups 2-5, 6-9, (I don't remember the others :confused: )

When we got on the ship we went directly to deck 10 Aft to the Kids Crew and signed her up, we also purchased her soda bracelet which I think was $14.00. Older kids were more expensive, and had different packages.

Hope this helped.

btw, my 4 year old daughter got Salmonella poisining the last day of the cruise and is still sick now.:( Make sure you watch the food and CLEAN your hands often.

We were on the same cruise. My son is 3years old..I'm sure we ran into each other. My son had diarrea, stomach pains and it would fit that he picked his up around thrusday or friday too. Watch out he also came home with strep. Keep and eye on that. Now my 7 daughter was in the

6-9 age group...she was didn't get the stomach stuff. How did you guys do?

:mad: Should we report all this to NCL?? they need to do some MAJOR cleaning!! they just don't have enought time for ship turnovers !!! this is really bad if you ask me.. people should know about this ... these things could really hurt someone if they have a weakened immune system or bring it back home to someone who does!!!

It sounds like there was a bug going around in the 2-6 age group. This could happen at any school, daycare, resort, etc. The salmonella is a different story, having been tested and received a positive test result from the doctor. But as for the strep, once one kid has it, it spreads rapidly. This holds true for stomach viruses as well. Things happen, whether on cruiseships or in other places. I hope everyone is okay who encountered a problem. And a stomachache is very common, as is diarrhea, with strep infection. I remember having this as a 12-year old kid back in 1990, and the stomachache and headache were the worst of it. Once I had antibiotics I was fine. So definitely keep an eye on that!

As I said I hope everyone is feeling better. We are going on the Spirit and from what I hear it is a very clean ship. Sometimes things just go around especially in kids' groups. We just have to all be careful. I will be washing my son's hands frequently. He is only 18 months old so won't be using the kids' crew, but we do plan to bring him for parent/toddler playtime and I will be washing his hands often!

-Bonnie

We had a great time on the ship and my son used the arcade every day.One thing I did notice was that around the elevator buttons and the entrances to the elevators you could see alot of fingerprints and it looked very dirty at times.Maybe they should put some of those hand sanitizers by the elevators also?Or just have somone go by there every so often and wipe them down.It really takes away alot of the beauty of the ship to see smudges on that nice shiney brass...So far none of us have come down with any illness.I hope everybody gets well fast.See you next time!

Archived