Liberty Questions

alitisa

We are family of 4. Traveling with kids ages 14 and 19 from California.

We will be arriving in Rome at 8:00 am. on the 30th. I was wondering if it's worth taking the Rome tour offered by Carnival since it will be too early to just go directly to port (we are spending couple days xtra in Rome after the cruise). If we do go directly to port what would be the best way to get there? Does anyone know how much a taxi will cost?

appreciate any comments and sugestions.:)

alitisa

If you are spending time in Rome post cruise do not bother to go on arrival, you will add unecessary costs; ships tour are on the hight side.We booked Romecab (Stefano) for transportation from Rome to port and port to Airport; the cost is 125 euros and they provide a confortable van. They ride is 1:30 hour so you should be at port around 10:30 or so. They board the ship fairly early, we go on at 1:00 pm but some people go on before noon.

This will give you plenty of time to unpack and orient yourself on this large ship, pack bathing suits in carry on so you can enjoy the pool area while waiting for your luggage.

You can eat as soon as you board the ship.

A friend and I will be arriving in Rome about the same time on July 30th. We are going to take the train to the Termini station, check some luggage there, and explore the city for a little before we take the train to the port. If you dont mind carrying your luggage the train is like $10 a person and only a hour ride.

Alitisa--Welcome to the boards! Sounds like you have a great trip planned. As sbwmail said, it's great to join a roll call for your sailing. You may also want to check out the European boards. There is a ton of info there. Happy travels.:D

Missyal

Hi, We're also on that same cruise, my husband and I are traveling with our son who will turn 19 the day we arrive home. Judging from the great people we've met on these boards, we're all going to have a great time! As for Rome, we're planning on not arriving at the ship until mid to late afternoon. My attitude is that we'll have 12 days to see the ship and Rome is Rome! See as much as you can. The ships tour is expensive, I've never left luggage at a train station but that would be a great way to get into Rome get a quick tour and then get back on the train and head to the ship. Of course, if you've got time at the end of the trip you might feel differently. I second the earlier posts that you join the roll call. We're all talking about tours and excursions.:)

I really admire everyone's fortititude in sightseeing the day of arrival on the way to the ship! I have to tell you, I don't think I could do it. Well, at least not cheerfully. ;)

Enjoy Rome and enjoy your cruise!

Archived