Time Travel

cruisencrazy

We are leaving in a few short weeks for our first river cruise on Uniworld's River Queen, Castles along the Rhine. What is a typical day like on a river cruise? What time is breakfast? When do tours usually depart? Do you usually come back to the boat for lunch? Then what, another tour? What kind of "break" do you get before dinner? I'm just looking for general answers, even if you haven't done this cruise before, would be interested to hear about your river cruise.

I traveled on GCT a couple of times and our breakfast times were usually between 7-8:30. (I think) Days vary. Not all are alike. But generally we would dock mid morning and then we'd go ashore for a tour. Sometimes you are bussed to a place and other times you walk. Tours usually lasted 90 -120 minutes. Then we were free to wander on our own. Most time we were back on the ship for lunch at noon. Then would go back to town for more sightseeing or shopping. Sometimes we were on the ship all morning or part of the afternoon for some scenic cruising. We most of the time had some kind of entertainment after dinner, but sometimes they brought people on the ship for a talk or some kind of entertainment in the afternoon.

Anyhow, I'm sure you will enjoy your trip very much.

Archived