Hotels near Pt. Canaveral

Erinl

Would anyone know of an inexpensive hotel close to Pt. Canaveral? One with free/cheap transfers to the port would be great, too! Not looking for anything fancy...just cheap & close.

Thank you!

I also recommend the Radisson, we stayed there both times we cruised. The restaurant is pretty good and their pool is great. Go to their web-sit and you may get a better deal that way.

http://www.radisson.com/hoteldirectory/hotelbio.jsp?hotelCode=FLCOCOA&key=hoteldirectory.info.&origin=Hotel%20Directory&backURI=%2Freservation%2FhotelPreference.do%3FlocationUni%3D779%26dno%3D08200408210420

At the Radisson, is there a pull out couch that our teenage son could sleep on? I know they do have a 2 double bed room but if at all possible, I don't want to sleep in a double with hubby - he's all over the place!

The reservation site says that it includes hot breakfast for two. Does that mean they will charge me for my son to eat? Is it a buffet and truly a "hot" breakie or is it a continental and the hot refers to when you toast your bread? (Got tricked on that one before so now I ask. Again, I don't care either way, but I do want to know what to expect.)

Is there a grocery store nearby so that we can buy some water/pop (oops that soda to you) to take onboard?

Is this a better bet than the Hampton Inn? We're presently booked there but it's about $20 a night. While I don't mind paying that, I wondered if the Radisson is a nicer hotel and therefore a better bargain.

Thanks.

Kim

At the Radisson, is there a pull out couch that our teenage son could sleep on? I know they do have a 2 double bed room but if at all possible, I don't want to sleep in a double with hubby - he's all over the place!

The reservation site says that it includes hot breakfast for two. Does that mean they will charge me for my son to eat? Is it a buffet and truly a "hot" breakie or is it a continental and the hot refers to when you toast your bread? (Got tricked on that one before so now I ask. Again, I don't care either way, but I do want to know what to expect.)

Is there a grocery store nearby so that we can buy some water/pop (oops that soda to you) to take onboard?

Is this a better bet than the Hampton Inn? We're presently booked there but it's about $20 a night. While I don't mind paying that, I wondered if the Radisson is a nicer hotel and therefore a better bargain.

Thanks.

Kim

There was no sofa bed in the room we had earlier this month. We had 2 doubles for 4 of us.

Yes, they will charge you for your son's buffet breakfast. They had eggs, bacon, biscuits, etc & also cold cereal, yogurt & fresh fruit. You can also have omlets made. This was a very good breakfast.

The grocery store is past the Radisson, maybe a mile or so.

Sorry, I can't help you with the Hampton Inn part. If we sail from Port Canaveral again & in need of a room the night before, I'll stay at the Radisson again. Very convenient!

There is a New residence In at the port , It opened up a few months ago. THey offer free parking and Free breakfast ( for all in your room) , I booked a 1 bedroom suite and it has a couch bed with a seperate b room. They also have a kitchen ( so you can get cold sods etc) you do have to pay for the shuttle 4.00 pp. But the breakfast at the Radisson is like 27.00 or something crazy. it looks nice but I didnt want to spend the extra $$

There is a New residence In at the port , It opened up a few months ago.

Where is the Residence Inn? I tried to google it but there's more than one location and I'm not familiar with the area at all.

Kim

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/MLBRI This is the link for Residence Inn. They are located close to the pier. (The only thing that seperates Raddison and Residence is a gas station) We paid $129 per night for four of us just a few weeks ago. The "living area" included a kitchenette, with full refrig, coffe maker with coffee, table and chairs, desk, sofa sleeper, stuffed chair, and TV. The bedroom had two queen beds and TV with two smaller dressers. The bathroom had the sink with the toliet and tub'shower in its own space. With DD and DS, plus DH, it is nice to have the sink seperate. There was also a laundry room. This helped because we went two days early. I was able to pack a little less. The shuttle is $6 per person round trip. They were waiting for us when we got off the ship. They accept CC cards. It was a complete breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, waffles, oatmeal (not instant), cold cereals, whole fresh fruit, cut fruit, toast, muffins, bagels, biscuits, juice (I think there were 3 kinds), and coffee.

Archived