Pregnancy ?

aubesmom

Hi all, just found out we are expecting our second child. I know the cruise lines won't let you cruise if you are farther along that 27 weeks, which I won't even be close to, but are there any other restrictions? I'll be 9 weeks when we cruise.

Thanks!

Hi all, just found out we are expecting our second child. I know the cruise lines won't let you cruise if you are farther along that 27 weeks, which I won't even be close to, but are there any other restrictions? I'll be 9 weeks when we cruise.

Thanks!

1st Off.... CONGRATS!!! No other restrictions just have a great cruise. My best cruises were when I was pregnant. And now, 16 years later, we're taking her on a Sweet 16 cruise instead of having a party so I guess she enjoyed it too!!!

I am no doctor... but this is what they told DW when we went on vacation while she was preggo with DD. She was about 16 weeks.

Flight was no problem,

Watch your heat level, stay away from the hot tubs, no bouncy rides (we went to Sea World), get plenty of rest at night, drink lots of water, avoid soft drinks, no alcohol, and of course no smoking. :D

At the least, you have a great excuse to eat EVERY thing you want.. Blame it all on the pregancy.

Talk to you Dr. He/she may suggest that you carry a copy of your medical charts and his contact information with you. (Just in case) :rolleyes:

Have a great trip and congratulations on your new addition!

Congrats.. no other restrictions. One thing to keep in mind that you'll need to be drinking a lot of water. With the heat, sun, and food, it's very easy to get dehydrated while cruising.

Have a great cruise!!!

bill

I cruised on the Pride at 21 weeks pregnant and there were at least 10 other pregnant women on the cruise. Carnival did not ask to see any documentation about how far a long I was. I purchased travel insurance, but did not have to use it. I drank lots of water and made sure I did not overheat.

Thank you all. I already purchased travel insurance, so no problem there. (I have a 4 yo DD what can I say?) I am seeing my Dr Monday for my first appt so will get a note from him just in case! Thanks for that recommendation. I also plan on taking it very easy and will make sure I have plenty to drink with me at all times. I'm used to having to drink lots of water in the summer anyway, we live in Houston! LOL

Anyway, thanks for all the congrats, we are very excited. And thanks for the info! Knew you all would know the answer!

Thanks!

since this is your second one you pretty much know what to expect....you won't even be showing when you go so unless you mention to them you are they won't even know.....congrat's and have fun ;)

I'm used to having to drink lots of water in the summer anyway, we live in Houston! LOL

LOL, you should be set then. I was in my 19th week on my last cruise. I drank the same amount of water I do in the summer, and I was fine.

Since this is your 2nd, you know that you'll probably still be exhausted a lot of the time, so make sure you don't overdo it, and find time for a daily nap. You'll be even more tired on a cruise than you would be at home, so getting your rest is extra-important.

Congratulations!

Thanks we haven't cruised with CCL before but we did with Disney. We really enjoyed ourselves. We plan on taking it easy, letting DD use the kids clubs as much as she wants to, resting on the beach etc. I plan on fully using that balcony to just sit and read! That in itself is a vacation! I'm a sahm so any break I get is great! LOL

Archived