Recommended excursions for Freedom of Seas ports???

In St. Thomas we went on our own over to St. John. It is easy to do, and we had a wonderful time snorkeling.

In St. Maarten we went to Pinel Island for more snorkeling. Here are pictures.

In Antigua we did Eli's Eco Tour and had a wonderful time. We had a powerboat ride down one side of the island, went to Bird Island for a hike (I opted to snorkel), then went to Hell's Gate, and then back around Bird Island for some great snorkeling. Here are pictures from that excursion.

On St. Lucia we went with Frank and had a great excursion touring his island. Here are more pictures.

In Barbados we did the Silver Moon 1. It is a wonderful excursion, and the best way to end your days in ports. There were 10 of us onboard, all from CruiseCritic! Here is a link to our pictures from that day. We felt like we were living the lifestyle of the rich and famous!

We love this itinerary so much that we booked it again for next year!

Have a great cruise!

Easy.....the Original Canopy Tour. It's by far one of the most fun things I've ever done in my lifetime. Can't wait to go back in December!!!

Just be sure to spray your feet with bugspray. They won't let you do it once you have all the gear on.

Tracy

Easy.....the Original Canopy Tour. It's by far one of the most fun things I've ever done in my lifetime. Can't wait to go back in December!!!

Just be sure to spray your feet with bugspray. They won't let you do it once you have all the gear on.

Tracy

Tracy,

Are you talking about the Canopy Tour in Montego Bay??? My son and his friend did that tour and had a blast, they said it was the best.

Hey Sheffie,

I don't think FOS on 7/23 ports in any of those you listed. It sails the western caribbean.

My error. Thanks for telling me. I was thinking of Adventure. I think I need a drink!:D

Tracy,

Are you talking about the Canopy Tour in Montego Bay??? My son and his friend did that tour and had a blast, they said it was the best.

Yes! I guess in my excitement, I neglected to post that this was in Jamaica. LOL

We booked the 8:00am, had been up very late (or early...depending how you look at it), and were not at all thrilled with the somewhat crazy drive there. All of us were thinking, "what in the heck are we doing??"

Well, the guides are a blast, and get everyone in the mood while getting suited up. Then that first ZIP, and all your worries go out the window. It was AWESOME!

Tracy

While your port in Jamaica will require a long bus ride, if you get a chance to go to Dunns River Falls, it's a spectacular excursion. When we were there in '91, Royal Caribbean docked at a different location (Can't rememeber it now), which was close to the falls, so the ride was short for us. It's still a memory we'll keep forever.

Tracy,

We did the tour as well that day in Montego on the Freedom maiden and there were two young guys who were friends who were in our group of 10..did they do the morning tour at 0800... I spoke with them and one said this was his first cruise and the other had cruised before.

Ditto to what Tracy said... even those with fear of heights loved it and overcame that fear...ya gotta do it...ya mon :)

Emmy

*If* you are afraid (I can only remember one guy in our group who started out scared), it will evaporate within one second of jumping off the platform for that first ZIP! No worries....it's the excursion of a lifetime!

Tracy

Tracy

Thanks for the tip!! Can't wait to go.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Tracy

Thanks for the tip!! Can't wait to go.

BonVoyage

Dawna

*If* you are afraid (I can only remember one guy in our group who started out scared), it will evaporate within one second of jumping off the platform for that first ZIP! No worries....it's the excursion of a lifetime!

Tracy

I'll be fine I was just checking for a friend.:D

We did the tour as well that day in Montego on the Freedom maiden and there were two young guys who were friends who were in our group of 10..did they do the morning tour at 0800... I spoke with them and one said this was his first cruise and the other had cruised before.

Ditto to what Tracy said... even those with fear of heights loved it and overcame that fear...ya gotta do it...ya mon :)

Emmy

Emmy, sounds like my guys, but we were on the 6/11 sailing and I believe they went on the 11:00 a.m. tour, this was my son's first cruise and his friend had cruised before, we were celebrating their high school graduation. Glad to hear you enjoyed it as well.:)

We were on the Freedom 6/11 sailing. My husband was really disappointed in their Stingray City swim tour, he can't remember which one he actually booked, but it was through RCCL Explorations desk on the ship. Anyway, they took the boat Cayman Jewel and was ran by a lady, he said all the tour consisted of was getting into the water, one of the ladies' helpers catching a stingray and having your picture taken with this stingray. There wasn't any attempt whatsoever to feed the stingrays to attract more, just picture taking. There is nothing about picture taking in tour description. You just stood by while everybody else on the tour had their picture taken. My husband, son and his friend broke off from this group and went and joined another group that were actually interacting with the stingrays, they had a much better time with the other group. On the boat back to the dock, it tooks 3 times as long to return because she was showing a slide show and taking orders for the pictures. My husband told the lady he was filing a complaint with RCCL and all she did was apologize. RCCL did give us a partial reimbursement and said they would check things out. Just a warning, stay off the Cayman Jewel.

Now that I have the ports straight :o . . .

We did Captain Bryan's Buccaneer excursion in Grand Cayman and had a wonderful time! We did 3 stops, one at the sandbar, one at the reef, and one in the deeper part. The Buccaneer is a catamaran and we were not crowded at all. We got to feed the stingrays, and the timing (10:30 - 1:45)was great for our time in port.

Now that I have the ports straight :o . . .

We did Captain Bryan's Buccaneer excursion in Grand Cayman and had a wonderful time! We did 3 stops, one at the sandbar, one at the reef, and one in the deeper part. The Buccaneer is a catamaran and we were not crowded at all. We got to feed the stingrays, and the timing (10:30 - 1:45)was great for our time in port.

Did you notice a man in his 40s and two 18 year old boys sneaking into your group????:D :D Anyway I'm glad you had a great time and am thankful my guys broke off and took up with another group, maybe it was you!!!!

Did you notice a man in his 40s and two 18 year old boys sneaking into your group????:D :D Anyway I'm glad you had a great time and am thankful my guys broke off and took up with another group, maybe it was you!!!!

Let me just say that everyone on our excursion was very kind, courteous and appropriate. :D ;)

We did Captain Bryan's Buccaneer excursion in Grand Cayman and had a wonderful time! We did 3 stops, one at the sandbar, one at the reef, and one in the deeper part. The Buccaneer is a catamaran and we were not crowded at all.

We did that one too, and it was lots of fun....mostly because there were three stops. The problem is that by the time we got to Stingray city, big huge boats full of people from the ships had been there for some time. The stingrays weren't very hungry by then, so it wasn't the experience I had been expecting.

Tracy

We were on Capt Bryan's at Grand Cayman too (Bucaneer)and had a great time. Capt Bryan is very professional and we had a blast. There were pic taking as well but it wasn't a hard sell or anything like that. (Of course tho, suckers that we are we ordered all our pics--lol). We spent a lot of time with the rays tho and yes there was pic taking as I said but in the meantime people were feeding them etc. Fun! The catamaran was not crowded. We only went to one snorkling spot tho because the other place they take us was murky. they took a vote and the poeple on the ship agreed to stay in one spot for a longer time. I would def recommend going with Capt Bryan Bucaneer when in Gr. Cayman!

Bec,

Did you have that adorable blonde guy with his underwater camera taking video? I can hardly wait for the CD!!! He was wonderful, and very upfront about the fact he was there to put together a video and take orders at the end.

Tracy

When we went to Grand Cayman a couple of years ago we did the Cockatoo Catamaran (Stingray City) excursion. It was by and large the BEST excursion we have ever had. My friends recently went on the Enchantment and we encouraged them to take the same tour and they absolutely loved it! Needless to say, we highly reccomend them. Also, the Royal Caribbean website showed an age restriction of 12 and up but we called them because there were younger kids on our excursion and sure enough their computers did not have the age restriction so if you are bringing kids you will have no problems. We have already planned that excursion with the kids for the Freedom and we can't wait to share the experience with them.

Archived