Camera question when snuba diving....

jnmrlk

First time cruiser - lots of questions!!!! We are going on th NCL Dawn and have booked an excursion trip for snuba diving. I have purchased an underwater water pouch for cash and id etc. My question is in regards to my 35mm camera that I have, it's my prize possesion and I also have a nice extension lens for it - will I be able to leave it on the boat when I am underwater and is this a good idea??? I do not want to sound like I do not trust any-one but I also do not want to be one of those niave people that always gets the wool pulld over their eyes (and yes that is me!!!). Any advice would be much appreciated - I LOVE to take photos and like to take my camera everywhere. Also the camera bag is about 15" w x 12" d by about 12" high will that be too big to take on the excursion boat - Thanks every-one

We have been on 11 cruises and always leave items on the boat, you almost have to. We have never lost a single thing. I would be more concerned about the camera bag getting wet from returning snorkelers than I would be with the crew taking your camera. It's not like you wouldn't instantly notice it was missing when you returned from snorkeling. You might want to consider a dry bag.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=DryBag

Archived