Pictures / Info From Crown Luncheon 6/23/06

LunaMoon

Rosebuds,

Magens Bay is beautiful! I took pictures of it when we were in St-Thomas, they are on my website.

The water is very clm and blue, it's framed by palmtrees and hills... a picture-perfect beach.

Congrats!

lunamoon,

While touring the ship, did you see the childrens center and if so, how did it look? going in oct. with 2 kids and hubby. thanks for your pics. they looked magnificent

Hi Pink,

We no longer have children in tow (they're grown now) so we did not look into nor report back to our cruising buddies anything to do with youngsters.

However, here is another thread with photos of some of the places on the Crown meant for children's activities:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=368912

Did anyone go to Magen's bay Beach? I am having my wedding ceremony there at 10 am on a Weds next June. Is it nice?

I am so happy about the pools not being salt water, that was terrible on my last few cruises on Carnival and Royal Caribbean.

rosebud6362,

I was there in January, this photo gallery has the pictures I took that day.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cpebmw/album?.dir=99fa&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cpebmw/my_photos

It's gorgeous! Happy Wedding!

Rosebud, our son was married at Megans Bay three years ago. Thirty of us sailed Golden Princess and then we returned to the ship, they had a beautiful wedding cake at dinner that night. (we prearranged that for them). If you have any questions we will be glad to answer them. The wedding was perfection.

I think if anything they will make the cost for the sanctuary even higher. What could they have been thinking to add such a disireable area to a ship that only can accomodate 72 people? They have already added an extra deck on top to cram 500 more passengers with the same amount of outdoor deck space on this ship, how could there possibly not be problems not only with crowding but people clammoring for space in this area. They should have just added lots more normal sized deck chairs and made it adults only. You can get spa treatments in the spa.

According to the Cruise Critic editor currently onboard Crown, the price of The Sanctuary should come down. I think it was a good move to add The Sanctuary. So what that it only holds 70 people? There isn't a room or area on the ship (or any ship for that matter) that accomodates all 3,080 passengers at once. It's no different than Royal Caribbean adding the very popular Johnny Rockets that only holds 70 people. Also look at Celebrity. Their AquaSpa has limited space as well.

And if Princess had added lots more deck chairs it would defeat the purpose of having a secluded, luxurious spot. That misses the whole point of what The Sanctuary is supposed to be.

As for the extra deck that adds 500 people versus Grand/Star/Golden Princess, that topic has been beaten to death. If you read Caribbean Princess reviews 99% of the people don't seem to notice the extra people. Perhaps Grand/Star/Golden are simply unusually roomy and Caribbean/Crown are more the norm.

I am going on Crown later this year and am thrilled with the new and exciting changes they have made.

Joseph, what could they have been thinking is exactly right. They should have left the Calypso pool area covered and adults only and that would solve the problem. I haven't experienced MUTS and from what I have read, don't want to....but they could put that at the other pool and leave one for peace and quiet and adults. What a mess.

I've got to respectfully disagree. Why on earth would you have a covered pool for a ship that sails year-round in the caribbean?! The only point of a covered roof is for sailings in places like Alaska, etc. where there is inclement weather. Even if there was a pool roof on Crown, it would always be open. Look at Royal Caribbean's Voyager-class of ships. All five were designed for year-round caribbean sailing and all five have no covered pools.

If you want peace and quiet you can still use the spa pool (adults only) as well as the very aft pool.

I also love the idea of MUTS. If you don't like it that's fine, but there are three other pools you can go to that don't have MUTS.

I can hardly call Crown Princess a mess. I can choose to sail any ship I want in December and am choosing Crown because of all the great choices (Sanctuary, MUTS, adult-only pools, etc.) that no other cruise line offers.

Hello,

I am the the fantasy ceo in Lunamoon's crown luncheon album ;)

I just wanted to add that I remember seeing plenty of shady spots with many lounge chairs around the main Calypso pool.

This is the pool where the Caribbean band sometimes plays, and right next to Cafe Caribe and the Horizon Court. There is a structural overhang under which there were many lounge chairs completely shaded. These shaded areas are also just steps away from this pool.

Just thought I'd add my 2cents :D

CWS, we've been on over 30 cruises and one of our priorities is a covered Solarium. On RCI's Legend, Vision, Grandeur, Splendour, etc, the Solarium was always closed, even in Hawaii and the Caribbean. It was air conditioned and shady and quiet. I do not sit in the sun, I don't want to be hot, I live in Arizona, get enough of that. We love the adults only shaded area. We just got back from the Coral Princess Panama Canal, the Lotus Pool cover was never opened, nor was it opened on the Island Princess Hawaii cruise, or the Golden Princess Caribbean cruise that we were on. We made a mistake and sailed on the Adventure--the Solarium was uncomfortable, and very windy, and hot. That is why we won't go on a Voyager class again. To each his own, but my very big reason for the covered pool is my history of malignant melanoma. That really makes you wake up and realize what the sun can do to you. There were always a lot of adults in the aforementioned covered pools.

Archived