Pacific Sun Skips Noumea

Skyrules

Pacific Sun seems to have skipped it's call at Noumea and gone to Isle of Pines instead - probably due to on-going union troubles at the Port of Noumea.

Sun's webcam clearly shows her at Isle of Pines, which wasn't a scheduled call on this cruise.

Kym

Well thats a better trade off than the other cruise the other week that skipped Is of Pines to go to Noumea! I know where I would rather spend the day.Wonder if its anything to do with what happened with the weather. I suppose the economy of Is of Pines went down last week with no tourists :rolleyes:

Pacific Sun seems to have skipped it's call at Noumea and gone to Isle of Pines instead - probably due to on-going union troubles at the Port of Noumea.

Sun's webcam clearly shows her at Isle of Pines, which wasn't a scheduled call on this cruise.

Kym

I hadn't looked at the itinerary in the brochure or on the website but have been checking out the cam & since it left Sydney it said "bound for Isle of Pines". I think the pasengers got the better deal going there instead of Noumea.

Karen

Hadn't had a chance to look at the webcam during the week.

Given the choice between Isle of Pines and Noumea, I would choose Isle of Pines any day.

Past it, you might be right, they may have decided to make it up to the Isle of Pines locals and take the ship there to make up for having to miss the port on the last cruise. Most of Noumea wouldn't notice if the ship didn't turn up - but it was probably a big loss for the Isle of Pines.

I was watching yesterday too. The thing is that Noumea was the only port where they could buy duty free, so they all have to buy it on the ship now. :o

Their other ports are:

Ouvea

Hienghene

Divine Island

Jenny

hi skyrules. If people have booked tours with P&O or independatly will they get a refund? Weather seemed ok at pines yesterday and today at ouvea . From all of the familys comments this cruise got the better end of the stick(as the old saying goes). Hope all keeps going well for them. Do you know a web site for Hienghene and devine Island weather. Been looking-no luck. Thanks suexxx

Try searching this website for the weather

http://www.wunderground.com/

Re the shore tours, if people had pre-booked P&O Shore tours, yes they would have got a refund (credit back to their onboard account) - we did on my first cruise on Pacific Sky when our arrival in Noumea was so delayed that it was too late to do the tours.

I don't know about the ones who booked independant arrangements.

Kym

i was on pacific sky in january this year and we didint go to noumea so they gave everybody on board 150 bucks which most people donated back to p@O via thier bars or shops i didnt care we only paid 1095 and got the credit so it was one my cheapest cruises

Yes, I know I would much prefer Isle of Pines and not Noumea. i admit it is interesting to visit Noumea for the first time because you don't know what to expect and it is totally different to what we are used to!!

The first time I went to Noumea I liked it, but then it was my first time overseas and then I went to Isle of Pines. So Beautiful! :D :)

Did anyone check the cam on Sat? I didn't but they were supposed to be in Noumea then.

Karen

Scheduled Itinerary was;

Saturday - Noumea

Sunday - Ouvea

Monday - Heinghene

Acutal Itenary was

Saturday - Isle of Pines

Sunday - ?? Ouvea (didn't get a chance to check yesterday)

Monday - noumea.

I wonder why the change in itinerary? It would've been no use them going to Noumea yesterday, we were there unintentionally last Sunday and the whole place was closed. All shops were shuttered up so you couldn't even window shop.

The only place open was Maccas, all in French, and they were doing a roaring trade with passengers of the Sun.

I spoke to one lady and asked her if it tasted the same as home and she said it did, but told me not to buy any. It cost her $52.00 AU for two big mac meals and two happy meals. She was making her kids play for ages on the play equipment (which looked the same as home) to try and get her monies worth. :p

They only took francs which we didn't have so we just walked back to the ship for lunch.

Jenny :) :)

>^..^<

They only took francs which we didn't have so we just walked back to the ship for lunch.

Jenny :) :)

>^..^<

When we iwere n the Macca's in Noumea in March, there were some passengers off the ship that wanted to pay in Aussie dollars - and the manager did a conversion for them and took the Australian money.

The Macca's in Noumea is the same as a Macca's in Brisbane or a Macca's in London. But at 7pm on a Monday night it was one of the few things open in Noumea. And yes it was expensive - I think we paid the equivalent of AU$15 for a toasted cheese & tomatoe sandwich, a strawberry thick shake and a small serve of fries.

Archived