dress shoes

DTKSB

I will be wearing a long black gown with a low cut back,very simple but elegant. What type of dress shoes? dress sandles? Since it is a formal gown. Sheer stockings? or just go bare?

Dressy sandals with bare pedicured feet.

Black satin or black patent sandals would be great.

Or a leather metallic pewter, silver or gold (depending on your accessories)

Or a shoe with clear stones/crystals would be gorgeous too.

Straps and heels should be thin and delicate for a dressier look.

If you prefer hose, then a closed toe shoe in any of the above colors or fabrications would be very elegant too.

If you prefer hose, then a closed toe shoe in any of the above colors or fabrications would be very elegant too.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jane 110, for recognizing those of us who still like to wear hose.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jane 110, for recognizing those of us who still like to wear hose.

You know, I have been pretty hard line the last few years with the no hose with open toed shoes. However, I have an outfit that just looks better with hose and the shoes I wear have open toes. What I did was to find the very sheerest hosiery I could find, it was like a 6 denier and almost imperceptable (ultra sheer usually is found at 10 denier). The downside is that I could only possibly wear them once, but, since I only wear that item rarely, not much of a problem for me. I wear pantyhose maybe 3 or 4 times per year.

I will be wearing a long black gown with a low cut back,very simple but elegant. What type of dress shoes? dress sandles? Since it is a formal gown. Sheer stockings? or just go bare?

no stockings, pedicure & if you wearing silver jewelry go with silver dress sandals, gold jewelry go with the gold dress sandals, etc....

Of course! It's absurd for anyone to decree that "hose are out"!

Many women for a variety of reasons feel more comfortable or that their legs look better in hose. Just because bare legs are now acceptable for formalwear doesn't mean hose aren't! Obviously many shoe styles don't look well with hose, but that's a different issue.

However, I have an outfit that just looks better with hose and the shoes I wear have open toes.

I don't know who you are, but step away from Kathi's computer and stop trying to hose us!

You're obviously an imposter who's typing on her keyboard, because we all know that the real Happy K's would never wear hose. :D :D :D

Archived