10 Dumbest Questions Asked By Cruise Passengers

TommyH2006

Just for fun

From an American site

1. Does the crew sleep onboard?

2. What time is the midnight buffet?

3. Which elevator takes me to the front of the ship?

4. Do you generate your own electricity?

5. Is this island totally surrounded by water?

6. Is the water in the toilet salt or fresh?

7. What language do they speak in Alaska?

8. What do you do with the ice carvings after they melt?

9. How high above sea level are we?

10. How do we know which pictures are ours?

It amazed me how many people got in the lift on our cruise? and asked which way the lift was going, and if it was going the opposite to the way they wanted to go, they either wanted to get out or the were annoyed it was going the wrong way. It's not like they were late for work or had a bus to catch, some people never get into holiday mode.

And quite a few people (over school age) thought that the ship went down into the water the same amount as she was high!! or else she would roll over!!!

Just for fun

From an American site

1. Does the crew sleep onboard?

2. What time is the midnight buffet?

3. Which elevator takes me to the front of the ship?

4. Do you generate your own electricity?

5. Is this island totally surrounded by water?

6. Is the water in the toilet salt or fresh?

7. What language do they speak in Alaska?

8. What do you do with the ice carvings after they melt?

9. How high above sea level are we?

10. How do we know which pictures are ours?

Love your sense of humour Tommy. The sad thing is, some people ask these questions and are actually serious.

Karen

Hi Val.

Have to agree with you there. Some people just never get in to holiday mode. :(

Karen. Yes that is a sad fact.

Nauticalnerd. Yes,the demise of the midnight buffet is sad. Though really it was more for show than anything. Great for "photo opportunities" but really!!! after all the food you have eaten who would want more at midnight? :confused:

We heard these last year on RCI. Some of them were different, but still had everyone in stitches, including me!! The comments that the Cruise director Allan was making, just added more laughter.

Don't worry Nauticalnerd, you aren't missing out on much. As TommyH2006 stated, it is more of an photo op than anything else.

Our waiter asked us if we were coming back for the Midnight buffet, just after we had finished dinner at 1030pm. Was the last thing on our minds.

Soon they will be needing travelators or something, as the ships keep on getting bigger and bigger.

We heard these last year on RCI. Some of them were different, but still had everyone in stitches, including me!! The comments that the Cruise director Allan was making, just added more laughter.

Don't worry Nauticalnerd, you aren't missing out on much. As TommyH2006 stated, it is more of an photo op than anything else.

Our waiter asked us if we were coming back for the Midnight buffet, just after we had finished dinner at 1030pm. Was the last thing on our minds.

Soon they will be needing travelators or something, as the ships keep on getting bigger and bigger.

I loved the midnight Buffets on pacific Sky, although it was so hard to nibble at little cakes, when you had just had a filling dinner!:p I liked the free champaigne of course!:D

I heard one question once

Can I fish off of my balcony and will the chef cook it for me ?

Hiya Paul and Jill

It's sometime since I looked on the cruise critic site. Been that long I forgot my login details!!!!

Are you looking forward to your cruise on Sunday??? I am!! Can't come quick enough. Excited but apprehensive too as were leaving the kids home alone!!!!!

We are driving down to Southampton on Saturday and staying at the De Vere. Well not having to pay for 4 adults means we can treat ourself a bit more!!!!!!

Hope to see you on board around the ship.

Elaine

Don't forget -

" Are these stairways up or down?"

Most cruise driectors on US ships do a routine on these and similar questions.

Most ships have done away with the midnight buffets because all the old people are sleeping and the younger ones are chasing each other naked down the hallways (at least on Pacific Sky:) ). Some lines such as X and RCI have waiters walking around the public areas from 11:30 to 1:00 with trays of goodies.

However, most still have one gala buffet a week where the pax take pictures starting at 11:00 or 11:30 and then the eating starts after 45 minutes. So, yes, the question "when does the midnight buffet start" is a valid question !!!!!

Archived