Pacific Sky fans

karmac

For all you Pacific Sky fans out there, thought you might be ineterested in this.

pictures of sky wonder leaving venice 20th june

sadly pullmanturs livery does not do her justice.

the logo, just painted onto the funnel, would be more suited to a global logistics company.

also there is no company standard, for example blue dream which was in venice the day before still sporting a dark hull.

i concluded that despite all of this, the SW is such a great looking ship she shines despite the insipid colour sheme.

she must also be one of the most travelled and throughout her career must have cruised most of the world.

http://www.*****/travelpage/aspgallery/pictures/Ad_2511_1.jpg

http://www.*****/travelpage/aspgallery/pictures/Ad_2511_2.jpg

http://www.*****/travelpage/aspgallery/pictures/Ad_2511_3.jpg

http://www.*****/travelpage/aspgallery/pictures/Ad_2511_4.jpg [ 06-22-2006: Message edited by: gaz hants

Karen

Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.

While I won't deny that Sky Wonder is a nice looking ship, she never was as pretty (outside) as her former running mate, Artermis (formerly Royal Princess).

Sailed both while still with the Princess fleet, and they were both very good riders in heavy seas. (4 times Royal Princess with 56 nights total, and 2 times Sky Princess 46 nights total.)

Thanks Karen

Good to see the "old girl" again.

Have to say that plain white doesn't suit her. The plain white of Fairsky/Sky Princess/Sky Wonder always seems very stark to my mind, although don't ask me why. The best she looked was as Pacific Sky with her blue and yellow stripes. At least as Sky Wonder the white is broken up with the wording on the side of the ship, which doesn't leave you in any doubt who's ship it is.

Kym

This poor old lady was one of my favourites-she had a special something ,but I must say the new paint job doesnt do her any favours.It seems to show up all her imperfections.I hope she has many more years of life in her ,but I've got some bad vibes about her future.I'm glad I had the opportunity to cruise on her

I miss Pacific Sky! What a beautiful ship she was. Pacific Sun is lovely too but not the same... I think the Pacific Sky had a better layout with the back decks. Alot more outdoor space. And it was easy to find your way around. As where with the Sun, I could not find my way around! And the decks were everywhere.

I hope the Pacific Dawn will be be as great as our Sky was. :)

Hurray for the Sky!!!

I sailed on the Pacific Sky in 2002-03 (New Years Eve) and had a ball. My lasting impression of the Sky is as a party ship. It was possible to watch the Sun come up while dancing at the outdoor disco, with a drink in your hand. This is something that seems no longer possible as P&O are really tightening up security and no alcohol is available past 4am. I must admit I was offerred recreational drugs in the disco (and said NO!!!). But I could be exposed to these things in any major pub, club and disco in Australia!!!

I have recently returned from a cruise on the Sun and really missed the party atmosphere and outdoor entertainment areas that the Sky had. I am referring to the Promenade deck and Verandah Bar areas. By contrast the Sun is just so enclosed and the few outside areas can be exposed and windy - especially in less than perfect weather conditions.

Aaah, those were the days ...

I never saild on the Sky but from what I read on here, sounds very much like the Fairstar. I was always up til 3-4am out on deck at the disco (and yes - with a drink in hand).

Karen

Archived