underage teens drink alcohol

stitch78

One can see the influence of Carnival directly in some of the responses suggesting.....never-ending blither blather about nothing hacked out with a chain saw...

Professor Lord? Is that you? Please go back to your office and read the memo you were given. Tell Donna to bring you cup of tea and a cold compress.

Ms B

Hmmm...

From the community guidelines...

You are permitted a maximum of one account, active or inactive. If you choose to ignore this important restriction with the intention of deceiving our members, all your accounts will be disabled.

'Sounds like Stitch/noCarnival is working toward getting banned!! (but, she would probably blame that on someone else also). The whining and complaining just reinforces the impression of Stitch as spoiled and bratty, who's not taking any personal responsibility when circumstances do not go to suit!

Hmmm...very interesting! Someone dislikes Carnival sooo much their moniker is "No Carnival For Me", yet here they are on the Carnival boards. Just joined CC today, and that is their 1 and only post. I would be willing to bet the ranch Stich has 2 names now! The glare from the red flags going up are blinding me, gotta go get my sunglasses! ;)

All I can say is the parents must have been buying with their SnS cards or the kids had one of the parents SnS cards, because ...

DH & I are 40+ and on a Carnival cruise our SnS cards had us listed as minors. Couldn't get a drink to save our lives, even though we were clearly over 21. We had to go get the card corrected before we could get served. Irritating at the time, but I think that says it all!

They were drinking up a storm on the ports, but I think the age is 18 at the ports.

Stitch,

Just wondering why you were following around a bunch of boys in ports? That sounds like more of a concern than a few kids drinking. :eek:

Dear God I've been outed!! Hello my name is ML and I am a (shhhhh, not too loud) Carnival employee. We're all from Canada right duckie?:D

OK I'll come clean, the Carnival Miami mail address is just a mail drop. The head office is actually in Tweed Ontario (where Elvis lives BTW). That way Carnival can avoid all those pesky U.S. laws. ;)

OK I'll come clean, the Carnival Miami mail address is just a mail drop. The head office is actually in Tweed Ontario (where Elvis lives BTW). That way Carnival can avoid all those pesky U.S. laws. ;)

Ich bin Canuck!

2861803160080888825EOxWNg_ph.jpg

Trust me when I tell you that these kids did indeed run up that bar bill! I know it sounds hard to believe, but I know the family involved. These kids are the worst behaved, sneakiest kids I know. Don't even get me started on their mom and dad's parenting skills. I suppose they mean well, but whenever these boys do something wrong or don't do something they're supposed to do, the parents response is "We try, but what are we supposed to do? They are bigger than us. We can't force them to do anything."

I don't know about you guys, but my teenage son is nearly a foot taller than me and outweighs me by a good amount, yet he knows what is expected of him and while we are very close and joke around and talk about a lot of things, he knows that all 5'2" of me is in charge!

This is why I said that YST's thought that perhaps they swiped their parents S&S card is a good one. I think it is perfectly okay for a parent to allow their teenaged child to have or share their drink once in a while when they are in their presence, but teenagers getting drunk on a cruise ship is just plain dangerous.

Trust me when I tell you that these kids did indeed run up that bar bill! I know it sounds hard to believe, but I know the family involved. These kids are the worst behaved, sneakiest kids I know. Don't even get me started on their mom and dad's parenting skills. I suppose they mean well, but whenever these boys do something wrong or don't do something they're supposed to do, the parents response is "We try, but what are we supposed to do? They are bigger than us. We can't force them to do anything."

I don't know about you guys, but my teenage son is nearly a foot taller than me and outweighs me by a good amount, yet he knows what is expected of him and while we are very close and joke around and talk about a lot of things, he knows that all 5'2" of me is in charge!

This is why I said that YST's thought that perhaps they swiped their parents S&S card is a good one. I think it is perfectly okay for a parent to allow their teenaged child to have or share their drink once in a while when they are in their presence, but teenagers getting drunk on a cruise ship is just plain dangerous.

It sounds to me like the $1000 bar tab might be just the wakeup call these parents need.

One can see the influence of Carnival directly in some of the responses suggesting that the responses are generated by high level Carnival employees as a means of defending a practice they do not want known or discussed. It is known that Carnival does not adhere to many of its stated policies. This is not to say that some ships are not managed well by the Captain and his senior staff. That said Carnival is in the business of making a buck. If thoses reading this response were to carefully read the rules stated by Carnival on a host of topics, then you might understand why Carnival has a problem. The problem is not with me, but with the industry that feeds the cruise line. That is the American travel agencies. They book cruises for Carnival leaving from American ports. The travel arrangements made by the agents for passengers leaved from U.S. ports requires that the agents be aware of the cruise lines policies and local and U.S. laws regarding such sales of passage originating from U.S. ports.

If you are talking about drinking, smoking, drugs, accomodations, handicapped access, etc. all have requirements Carnival must meet in order to allow the land based U.S. tranvel agents to partner with the cruise line in retailing passage. A number of U.S. travel agencies are looking at Carnival following a number of serious complaints about the conduct of the cruise line. I beleive that pressure and restraints of the travel agents will lead to a demand that Carnival clean up its act or face a decline in sales by U.S. travel agents looking to protect their own interests and avoid fines by regulators in the States.

Please take my comments for what it is worth. You need not agree with my view or disagree. I am not investigating Carnivals practices nor am I advocating that the travel industry do what they are doing.

What will be interesting to see is how Carnival will react. You can expect from the previous postings that Carnival employees will rush to spin a version of the story reflecting their opinion. Perhaps we will read a full denial. For those interested I respectfully urge you to go back and read the previous postings and bookmark in your mind which of the participants thusfar are employees of Carnival.

Thank you for your time.:)

blah blah blah blah that's all i see when you post how bout you stop your whinging!!!:rolleyes:

Dang- I missed all the Clones, Trolls, and popcorn while I was out tonight!! :( Please tell me that maybe someone will create another in a series of user names and come back to post again. At least make them smart enough to post elsewhere first a few times! Jeeeesss. How stupid do we look?? I know we all shop at Walmart and smuggle booze, but my god :)

We went on the Glory 2 years ago with my then 19 year old nephew. He tried to order a glass of wine with dinner (the drinking age where we live is 19) and he was refused. Rightly so as that is the Carnival policy but he did not know about it being his first cruise. Kudos to Carnival for being the only line that at least tries to enforce it's own drinking age limit.

BTW peoples ages are not always what they seem-someone asked my 12 year old today when he was going for his drivers test. LOL

If the parents want to take repsonsibility for their "kids" having a drink so be it...mind your own business.

Ain't it the truth. I say the same to those who comment when I wear blue jeans, but they never seem to listen even though it is clearly none of their business.

Archived